Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#29606 - 09/29/02 02:56 PM where to watch nfl in madrid?
wasabisoup Offline

Loc: madrid, spain
where can one watch nfl games in madrid?

w-soup

#29607 - 09/29/02 04:17 PM Re: where to watch nfl in madrid?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I don't think you really can, I'm sorry to say. Check out this previously posted thread found by using the SEARCH link:

" Watching the NFL in Madrid "

Most Sundays you'll only see soccer games on TVs in bars. Your best bets might be to find someone with a special satellite package at home which gets football in the USA or to watch a virtual play-by-play game via www.NFL.com in a cybercafe.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#29608 - 09/29/02 06:13 PM Re: where to watch nfl in madrid?
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
You may want to try Canal Plus, I believe you can order them like pay per view, but since the games are live, you'll get some funky hours for watching football.

#29609 - 09/29/02 06:34 PM Re: where to watch nfl in madrid?
tonytorero Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain via Kansas City,...
The Sport Manía channel does air an NFL game or two per week. (Available through Canal Satelite) I have it myself and I can tell you it's ok, but if you're much of a football fan, it can get a bit annoying because the Spanish commentators that cover the game make a habit of explaining every little thing that happens. While this is helpful and necessary for those who don't understand the sport, it's annoying for those who do...

If you have Internet access, you have some excellent live or even after the fact 'audio-streaming' options like: THIS ONE offered courtesy of: NFL.COM .

I know of some people with contacts on former and current military bases like Rota and Torrejon that are able to get hold of the decoders that are used on American military bases for like €500 or so. The upside there is that you never have to pay a monthly fee. It's just a one time BIG pop. But you get stateside programming including ball games of all sorts of shapes and varieties. So if you have a buddy at a base, that's an avenue to be considered as well... Good luck. smile

#29610 - 10/01/02 12:20 PM Re: where to watch nfl in madrid?
Sevilla99 Offline

Loc: MADRID!!!
You can always go to O'Neils near Plaza de Cibeles. I went a couple of weeks ago and watched a game.

#29611 - 10/01/02 12:28 PM Re: where to watch nfl in madrid?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Sevilla99, did you really see a LIVE NFL football game at O'Neil's?? Was it on a Sunday?? I'd REALLY like to know!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#29612 - 10/04/02 03:53 PM Re: where to watch nfl in madrid?
wasabisoup Offline

Loc: madrid, spain
¡que suerte!

gracias sevilla,
¡me marcho alli este domingo!

w-

#29613 - 10/09/02 04:50 PM Re: where to watch nfl in madrid?
puppyfeat Offline

Loc: London
O'Neill's isn't near Cibeles, it's Kitty O'Shea's. I imagine Kitty's would be the best place as they have 3 tv's and a big screen, and they do show different football (soccer!) matches at the same time when there's more than one game on - usually midweek for big Champions League games, especially when the English teams are playing.

Sunday nights there's probably only one Liga match televised, so I'm sure they'd put the NFL match on if you ask. They have Sky tv, which shows the NFL live on Skysports 3 or Skysports Extra. I doubt very much that O'Neill's would show this, even if they have Sky, which I doubt they do. And in any case, Kitty's is a much nicer bar.

#29614 - 10/12/02 05:38 PM Re: where to watch nfl in madrid?
logiserv Offline

OK, I have read the posts on NFL games. Is it the same story on New Years day college bowl games or the NCAA National Championship game?

#29615 - 10/14/02 03:03 AM Re: where to watch nfl in madrid?
aine Offline

Loc: bristol, england
Must be an Irish pub thing cos i´m nearly sure that Finbars in Arguelles, shows nfl as well.
Aine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Mario70
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2046 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments