Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#29488 - 07/23/02 06:30 PM Marbella: flameno show?
lamar Offline

Loc: hillside, il usa
hi!! we will be in marbella the month of september . can anyone recommend a place to catch a good flamenco show that's not too touristy, where native spainiards go, where i can take my 4 year old daughter?? thanks!! smile

#29489 - 07/24/02 06:38 AM Re: Marbella: flameno show?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Lamar writes:
Quote:
... in marbella the month of september . can anyone recommend a place to catch a good flamenco show that's not too touristy, where native spainiards go, where i can take my 4 year old daughter?? ...
You can always find a Tablao Flamenco on the 'Tourist Trail,' but it won't be the best, it starts late at night and continues to the early morning hours: Dark, smokey ... not for a 4-year old.
In Sevilla, beginning September 3, and continuing into October, there's a youth Flamenco festival with competitions in Theaters, and even Sevilla's Maestranza. It would be well worth an overnight trip. Many events, especially in the early part of the month, begin about 21:00 or 21:30. For a schedule of events on the web:
http://www.andalucia.com/flamenco/bienal.htm

#29490 - 07/24/02 08:59 AM Re: Marbella: flameno show?
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Hi lamar! Marbella's got a couple of places, but Eddie's right in what he says.

If you have transport (I think bus trips are available too, even if you haven't) I would recommend Tivoli World, about 25 minutes from Marbella. http://www.tivoli-atracciones.com/ing/index.html

There is a taste of flamenco here, although the purists would scoff at it I suppose. I think it's a nice show and the park is really good value and perfect for youngsters. Well worth a visit!

There are always shows put on in hotels and resorts by groups who might do two or three shows a night in the high season in different places, maybe more, I don't know. We saw one in the development next to where I live the other day. We go there occasionally for a drink and a chat with friends who work there and I have to say it was very impressive. Tourists love it and the dancers work very hard. As I say, if you aren't looking for unadulterated flamenco in its purest form, then you will enjoy a show such as the one I've described. smile

#29491 - 07/24/02 05:46 PM Re: Marbella: flameno show?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I JUST got an ICQ message from my friend in Estepona (RIGHT next to Marbella), professional photographer Michelle Chaplow , and she said....
Quote:

They have a show once a week in the Hotel Las Dunas in Estepona. But for authentic flamenco it's Sevilla or Madrid or Jerez. I think it's on Tuesdays. Telephone: (95) 279 43 45

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments