Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#29164 - 04/24/02 02:37 PM Pickled Fava Beans
zeltz Offline

Loc: San Diego CA
I just got back from a two-week trip to Spain. While in Marbella, we strolled through a street market. We picked up several types of olives from a food stand along with some pickled garlic and what seemed to be pickled Fava beans.

The fava beans were a bit salty with a hint of garlic. They were mustard yellow in color, oval shaped about the size of an American quarter. I enjoyed them so much and I went to four or five supermarkets on my last days in Spain hoping to find them canned to bring back to the states. The only place I saw them was in the street market.

Can any one help me with an internet source where I can buy them or a recipe so that I can make them at home.

Thanks

Jim Seltzer

Jim@seltzer.com

#29165 - 04/24/02 04:12 PM Re: Pickled Fava Beans
barry Offline

Loc: sóller, mallorca, spain
Perhaps you're referring to altramuces, which are common tapa treats around Spain. Though I find them quite flavourless, so maybe you're referring to something else. I think they're called lupins in English. I've never seen them canned either.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments