Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#29040 - 03/24/02 03:57 PM Madrid: seafood tapas?
minrik Offline

Loc: saginaw texas
I would like some suggestions for places with the best anguila,calamari and meerluza tapas.Have already copied Meson A Ria de Noia for our pulpo.That info alone(MadMan) makes for an enjoyable evening. I was wondering about their hours? Keep up the good work!

#29041 - 03/24/02 09:38 PM Re: Madrid: seafood tapas?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Quick Post... as it´s 3:30am here in Madrid!!

I´ll gladly get the hours for Meson A Ria de Noia for you as I expect to go early next week sometime. Don´t expect to see ANY tourist in this wonderful, little, inexpensive local-neighborhood place and I´m certain they won´t understand English so go prepared with some helpful keywords.
Will report back in a week. Don´t worry. I´m HAPPY to do this pesonal research for you... Yumm.. And get this! I leave in about 4 hours eek for Galicia, the region in northwest Spain KNOWN for its pulpo/octopus and the style of food cooked in this wonderful place here in Madrid.

Saludos, MadridMan smile

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#29042 - 03/25/02 06:35 AM Re: Madrid: seafood tapas?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Hey, MM:
I know it's called fabrica de Cerveza in Madrid, literally translated to 'beer factory;' but give us a break! In English it's a Brewery rolleyes

That first Draught Mahou tastes so good ... eek

#29043 - 03/25/02 10:55 AM Re: Madrid: seafood tapas?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
minrik writes:
Quote:
I would like some suggestions for places with the best anguila,calamari and meerluza tapas.Have already copied Meson A Ria de Noia for our pulpo.
There used to be one (a Hemingway hangout) near Plaza Santo Domingo but with all the construction (parking garage, etc.) I don't know if it survived. If you face back toward GranVia and walk down the hill on your left, it's on your left hand side - kind of a nondescript taberna but Angulas was their specialty. It's been about 5-years since my last visit there - they always had boquerones (fritos o en vinagre), mejillones en escabeche, sardinas, gambas al ajillo and lots of other good stuff. [ :p ]
Ernest Hemingway used to frequent that place, probably more than los Soberinos de Botín. rolleyes

#29044 - 03/25/02 12:05 PM Re: Madrid: seafood tapas?
Guapetona Offline

here is a list of marisquerias in madrid:
guia del ocio-marisquerias en madrid smile smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
1 registered (ChrisS), 1621 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments