Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#28919 - 05/26/02 07:41 PM Re: USA: Good Spanish restaurants
karenwishart Offline

Loc: York,PA,USA
I'm thinking of heading to NY's west village Tuesday night 5/28 to either El Faro or Seville.Both have rave reviws and many years of repeat customers. Any suggestions?

#28920 - 05/27/02 12:13 AM Re: USA: Good Spanish restaurants
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Hola Taravb,
I'm so glad to hear from you. Yes, I am sure you will like Café Spain. I will get you the phone number and post it later. I love the Columbia too, but Café Spain's tapas are marvelous, also the place reminds you of a small tapa bar in Madrid, nothing fancy, but great food. Don't do dessert there, though, go to "El Gallinero" on Hypolita street, a few doors down ( East) from the Columbia. It is run by a Brazialian and Spanish couple. The desserts are scrumptious!
I'll get you that number too. And when you're in St. Augustine, do drop by ArtEspaña Plus, 6 Aviles Street, there you will find those Spanish CD's you like so much, Nuevo Flamenco, etc.
Ciao

#28921 - 05/27/02 08:26 PM Re: USA: Good Spanish restaurants
Majesty318 Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
There's actually another Connecticut one to add to GranadaGirl's list, Cervantes in Orange, CT. However it is not good! It was $90 for two for one appetizer, two entrees, and a jarra of sangría. I didn't think the food was authentic at all and it was the first Spanish restaurant I went to without Spanish speaking staff. Some good places: Granada, in Hawthorne, NJ; Sevilla & Don Pepe in Fairfield, NJ; and Málaga in NYC, upper east side if I remember correctly.

#28922 - 05/27/02 11:27 PM Re: USA: Good Spanish restaurants
GranadaGirl Offline

Loc: Maryland via Connecticut, USA ...
I've been to Tio Pepe in Baltimore, and the ambiance is wonderful--you feel like you're in a restaurant in the heart of Madrid or Granada!! The food is great too.

Has anyone been to the Spanish restaurant BOLO in NYC? It's owned by Bobby Flay from the Food Network, I've never been there, but I'm curious to see what it's like! There's a website for it: http://bolo.citysearch.com/3.html

Buen provecho!

-GG

#28923 - 06/10/02 02:31 AM Re: USA: Good Spanish restaurants
richardmadrid Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
If you are in Boston, don't miss Taberna de Haro. It is run by Deborah Hansen and her husband Julio de Haro. Deborah had a great restaurant when they lived in Madrid called Cornucopia.

#28924 - 06/13/02 03:17 PM Re: USA: Good Spanish restaurants
new york Offline

Loc: NYC
hello everyone

I know quite a few good spanish resturants in NYC. But it depends on what kind of spanish food your looking for. There is a great peruvian resturant by the queens court house "where tony roma's use to be." that seves grat peruvian steaks and a very good pallela. Tio pepe is A good mexican resturant in the village by west 4th street. The Sangria is great but it is getting to be to commericalize and the food isn't as good as it use to be. But the service is great!!

There is so many good spanish resturants to choose from. However if you tell me what kind of spanish food your looking for in particular? Then I can be of greater asstantince.

#28925 - 06/13/02 03:37 PM Re: USA: Good Spanish restaurants
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
Hi, new york--have you checked out any of the Spanish (as opposed to Latin American) restaurants mentioned in this thread? I'm always looking to add to my list of possible Spanish places to visit on trips to NYC, but I don't go for Latin American food (even Mexican!).

I would love your suggestions for good "real" Spanish food!

#28926 - 06/28/02 08:22 PM Re: USA: Good Spanish restaurants
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
We went out to Alphabet Kitchen on Avenue A between 10th and 11 th street in Manhattan this week and Alphabet Kitchen is an Iberian reataurant according to Zagat's. It was good, yet not what we expected. I would have liked some Spanish music in the background instead of American rock. Although I don't like the restaurants that have the 5 veal dishes and the 5 chicken dishes and the token Paella and Mariscada , with the Tortilla Española for $10.95...Which is what you see often in Spanish restauarants in NY/NJ; The menu here was very limited and although our food was good, I don't think we would go back.
FYI we had a "coca" which was thick? and had chorizo, tomato and manchego cheese (yum!) and my husband had a steak with some good fries (should have been patatas bravas) I had a tuna steak which was quite good with spinich sauteed with raisins and piñones...

#28927 - 06/29/02 12:32 AM Re: USA: Good Spanish restaurants
expressdance Offline

Loc: Boston, Ma USA
Here in Boston, there are two good ones. I think they're owned by the same people, they're called Dali's and Tapeos. The atmosphere in them is very nice. Thers also one I've never been to in Brookline, but they offer live performances, like flamenco and spanish guitar, and I guess they do a lot of wine tasting and stuff. Its called Tasca. Theres also a really small place in Harvard square called Iruna. Its not so hot, but if you get things that are really basic, like tortilla de patata, or croquetas, its a nice cheap lunch. Hope that helps, although I don't think there are too many Bostonians on this board. If there are, does anyone know of a place in Newton? Apparently there may be somewhere there too.

#28928 - 07/01/02 10:42 AM Re: USA: Good Spanish restaurants
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
I took RichardinMadrid's advice and tried Taberna de Haro in Brookline. The owners have done a superb job - great atmosphere & food. ('Thou not as good as the real thing in Spain wink . I thought it much better than Tapeos - Dali I adore -

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 3041 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments