Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#28899 - 03/22/02 02:48 PM Re: USA: Good Spanish restaurants
kk49827 Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
There's a great place in Austin, TX that has some prety good Spanish food. It's called Louie's 106, on 6th street downtown. Their food is actually a mix of Mediterranean styles. I had the paella and was very impressed.

#28900 - 03/22/02 06:03 PM Re: USA: Good Spanish restaurants
fmiketheman Offline

Loc: ny,ny
hey esperanza

i suggest two restaurnts here in new york since you are from the bronx.take in notice that i live in queens. they are meson asturias,and don pelayo.
meson asturias is in jacksn heighs situated right off roosvelt ave on 83st going towards elmurst ave southbound that is.you can go by train.take the 1 to times squares and from there the 7 train to 82st. the other one is i woodside on the same route.just get off at 48st instead of 82st.its don pelayo. both are great SPANISH restaurants and quite inexpensive.the owners are rather friendly and sociable which is good.very spacious too and very spanish atmosphere.if you are interested in a good flamenco show meson asturias is youre place.they have that too.even if they have spanish restaurants in the bronx(i never heard or seen any)i still recommend these more especially for someone whose a newyorker.

#28901 - 03/24/02 08:11 AM Re: USA: Good Spanish restaurants
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Wow, I didn't realize that Meson Asturias was still around! I am originally from Queens, and when I taught in Queens I used to bring my students there for a wonderful Spanish meal at the end of the school year. I am so glad they are still there! I will go back for sure. I never went to Don Pelayo, but I will definitely try it. Thanks a lot fmiketheman!
Friday night I took a friend to Sevilla in Greenwich Village (one of my favorite Spanish places in Manhattan) and it was DELICIOUS! Sevilla is on Charles and West 4th. We had a wonderful Banda Azul and a Viña Pomal...yum! Pollo al ajillo and the Paella were also amazing...The spicing is so right! We felt so happy to be there.

#28902 - 03/24/02 12:17 PM Re: USA: Good Spanish restaurants
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
Thank you, laduque!!! We'll be there soon. How is the anchovy stuffed olive supply at Restaurante Costa Brava? Post or email me the address/phone number if you please?

#28903 - 03/28/02 01:51 PM Re: USA: Good Spanish restaurants
Chicagoan Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
I have to add another Chicago restaurant to this thread. Kurt mentions Cafe ba ba reeba and Emilios but my favorite one ever is Arco de Cuchilleros on north Halsted (3400 North). it reminds me of Spain (decor too). The grilled squid and sangria are soooooooo good. Summertime outdoor/garden patio too. Cafe Iberico is my 2nd favorite food-wise but ba ba reeba is the best for bringing a large noisy group. We do have good restaurants here.

#28904 - 03/28/02 04:50 PM Re: USA: Good Spanish restaurants
Roe Offline

Loc: california
I don´t know how they are but there are basque restaurants all over northern California and Nevada. Just look up ´basque´ on any yellow page site and a ton will pop up. You never know if they are from the French side or the Spanish side, so I don´t know how well all of that counts as ´spanish´ food

#28905 - 03/29/02 11:35 AM Re: USA: Good Spanish restaurants
Jaime Offline

Kurt,
I just wanted to thank you for telling me about Emilios last year on the message board. My husband and just got back from a short visit to Chicago and it turned out one of the locations was right across from our hotel. We had like ten tapas, dinner, dessert, and a fabulous wine called (crianza) Cote tinto, that I looked for today and couldn't find anywhere. I was truly impressed with the presentation and the attention to detail for all the dishes. Everything was great and we had such a good time.

Muchisimas Gracias!

Jaime

#28906 - 04/02/02 01:10 AM Re: USA: Good Spanish restaurants
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
Ther is a great spanish restaurante in Newport Beach, California, right off the 405 freeway,on MacArthur. I've been to a couple in Southern California, but this wa by far the best. It's called "Tapas" and they also have flamenco shows. Practicall everybody there is Spanish, from the chefs to thewaitresses.

#28907 - 04/03/02 09:11 PM Re: USA: Good Spanish restaurants
toroloco Offline

San Francisco....Esperpento just off of Valencia Street near I think 22nd Street? Food is phenomal no contrived white table cloths and huge bills just great food, fun and funky atmosphere...check'em out I think they are still there
Chicago......Cafe Iberico was my favorite to sit at the bar and eat and drink while watching TVE la liga of course...Babareba whatever? very good but kind of so so atmosphere sometimes IMHO
thats all for now

#28908 - 04/05/02 11:53 PM Re: USA: Good Spanish restaurants
GranadaGirl Offline

Loc: Maryland via Connecticut, USA ...
There are actually THREE Spanish restaurants here in little ol' Connecticut!! In New Haven there is Pika Tapas and in Norwalk, there is Meson Galicia. I've been to Pika Tapas several times, and it's very much a Spanish atmosphere. They have a good selection of tapas and a great gambas al ajillo and paella, and the arroz con leche is to die for!! Meson Galicia is owned by the same people, so I'm assuming the food is the same. I've seen the website for it, and it looks even more Spain-ish inside! In Hartford there is Costa del Sol, but I've never been there.

Buen provecho!

GG

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 3024 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments