Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#28743 - 02/24/02 10:35 PM Re: (American)foods hard to find in Spain?
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
Here's a list of things I would recommend taking to your son: Lucky Charms(I'm with you MM, I'm with you) Root Beer(the syrup idea is great!) Maple(to make Syrup for Pancakes if you take Bisquick as well. Boil 1 C. sugar, 2 C. water, add maple till you get a rich dark color, stirring until sugar dissolves) 3 Muskateer Bars,Reese Peanut Butter Cups, Peanut Butter,. Oh, and as long as you're there will you bring me back a package of filipino cookies?

One more thing, while in the Canary Islands, I did run across a couple of British cornerstores that sold Mountain Dew as well as Dr. Pepper. So if anybody knows of a British cornerstores, perharps, they can cure that antojo.

[ 02-24-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#28744 - 02/24/02 10:41 PM Re: (American)foods hard to find in Spain?
Cornelio Offline

Loc: Dublin, CA
For those of you claim to have a craving for steak while in Madrid, I would recommend EL BUEY, especialided en lomos de buey al carbon. They bring you these huge steaks on a sizzling platter, almost raw and you cook it to your liking. They probably have the guerney standing by just in case your heart has difficulty pumping that thickened blood after the meal. But, seriously, if I had only time for 1 meal in Madrid, this would probably be it. The only drawback is that you come out of that place smelling like a steak. A bit smokey due the grilling going on right on the tables. Location: frente al senado, in front of the Senate building.

#28745 - 03/12/02 04:13 PM Re: (American)foods hard to find in Spain?
Mama Chula Offline

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
What about Cheezits or Cheese Nips? Are these easily found in Madrid? I would have to say those are my son's absolute favorite crackers. I don't know how I could have forgotten to ask about these before...

Thanks and I think that will be my last question on this topic!
rolleyes

Cheers!
Mama Chula

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments