MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#28687 - 02/20/02 09:37 AM Re: Patatas Bravas in Madrid
dodgerblue Offline

Loc: Oakland, CA
Good day,

I just got back from Madrid on the 17th.... such a lovely town.... But I did indulge in the Patatas Bravas y Cana for breakfast once (11:00 am) and they were the perfect beginning to a great day. I also stopped by El Brilliante (By Reina Sofia) a couple of times (the # 24 - sliced tomatoes, salmon and a red sauce on a baguette).
A couple of places for live music that I enjoyed: "Popularte" on Calle de Huertas, which had a great Latin Jazz band playing: Suritan (forget the street - down the road from "El Matador") which had a very good band "Bidinite" playing; and El Sol which had a "local band" named "Garage Jack" which was one of the highlights of my trip. Great band, great show, excitable crowd. The doorman gave me the bands poster, unfortunately I wasn't able to locate a CD before leaving.....
La Taurina was also a great spot for a quick bite.....
A fine city indeed.......

#28688 - 02/20/02 12:49 PM Re: Patatas Bravas in Madrid
Mama Chula Offline

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
Oh my, they sound wonderful! Thanks Madrid Man, I can't wait to try them. So, you'll be in Madrid too? I would love to meet you and attend the party. I've enjoyed reading about your trips to Spain and your web site is great! Hopefully I'll be back from Italy by then. My son and his girlfriend thought it would be nice to zip over to Rome for a few days while I'm there. He's on spring break then and itching to travel. I'm so glad they want me to tag along! cool

I'll keep watching your website for more details. But if nothing else, I'll make sure I get myself over to El Brillante while in Madrid to try those yummy papas bravas - as I would call them, accustomed as I am to referring to potatos as papas (I am Mexican-American).

#28689 - 02/20/02 02:31 PM Re: Patatas Bravas in Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I'm pretty sure potatoes in the Canary Islands are called "papas" as well. Interesting that in Mexico they're called as they're called in the Canaries, but not as they are on mainland Spain.
Hope you can make the party on April 4th!

[ 02-20-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
McTravel
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2433 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments