Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#28633 - 02/01/02 05:02 PM Huertas,Madrid
mick nick Offline

Loc: wakefield , w.yorks
Next Friday night,we will be happily touring the area.What are the best bars/restaurants please?

#28634 - 02/02/02 07:11 PM Re: Huertas,Madrid
notyor Offline

Loc: Oldham
Can't remember the names of the good ones (!!!) but don't go in El diaria - surly gits!
Along from there there are 3 or 4 places, we went in 2 of them and they were excellent. One is shown on the Walks of Madrid website and you'll recognize it straight away (Andre - what's it called?) and along from there is a place where they do a Menu del Dia for about £5 each, the chick pea stew and paella are tremendous!

All in all there are just loads of places most of which are excellent! Wish it was me who was going! mad rolleyes frown

#28635 - 02/02/02 10:22 PM Re: Huertas,Madrid
Andrés Offline

Loc: Madrid
Which section of my web-page??

A.

#28636 - 02/03/02 11:34 AM Re: Huertas,Madrid
notyor Offline

This place

#28637 - 02/03/02 11:37 AM Re: Huertas,Madrid
notyor Offline

I have got the right place haven't I?
It's on a street just off Calle las Huertas (???) Mainly serves canapes with delicious cheeses?

#28638 - 02/03/02 02:02 PM Re: Huertas,Madrid
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Notyor

Think you are the first person to sneak a picture onto the message board! eek eek Or have I missed something?

It's great to be able to get the visuals to a post though isn't it?

Jo

#28639 - 02/03/02 05:06 PM Re: Huertas,Madrid
Andrés Offline

Loc: Madrid
I knew it from the start but I wanted to be sure. Yes, that is "La Dolores" and no mistake. It is a must for anyone trying to get some bar knowledge. Is one of the top 20 oldest in the city (about a century old).
Young crowd, good cheese and anchovy canape, also duck ham, and one of the best beers in the city. Perfect for a canape and a beer (go big here) on a sunny Sunday or on a Thursday evening as a prelude to an intense nightlife dosis.

Cheers,
André

#28640 - 02/04/02 01:28 AM Re: Huertas,Madrid
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
I posted some suggestions a short while ago on a thread titled "Menú del Día".

I hope it helps.

Pim

#28641 - 02/04/02 07:24 AM Re: Huertas,Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Jo-Anne et. al., regarding the inserted image above. I don't mind if they're used, but didn't mention it earlier for the following reason. Sometimes people "insert" these images (which are imported from outside URLs) into postings and can improve the viewing experience for the reader. Other times, if the file size of the image is TOO large (unlike that which notyor is showing above @ 13.3kb) it can slow down the viewing experience for those with slower connections to the internet. Also, need I say it?, there's chance that people could abuse this function of the message board with not-so-nice images of ______ (use your imagination here).

I also know quite a bit has been said regarding the nightlife in Huertas on the message board. Please utilize the SEARCH link above/right and simply enter the word HUERTAS and you'll find all those previous postings. Good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan

[ 02-04-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#28642 - 02/04/02 08:49 AM Re: Huertas,Madrid
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Well, I just realized in my previous post about places to eat around Huertas I didn't include any bars to go to (after the restaurants), so apart from the above mentioned La Dolores which is great(in my case I love their 'cañas'(beer), since I don't care very much for 'canapés' which is too bad 'cause I live practically upstairs from the place); these are my all-time favourite hang-outs:

-Viva Madrid, on calle Manuel Fernandez y Gonzalez, 7.
-Villarosa, on Plaza de Santa Ana, 5.
-Los Gabrieles, on calle Echegaray, 17.
-España Cañi, on Plaza del Angel, 14.

All these places are very traditional 'españoles', (you'll find there're a lot of Irish-bars-British-pubs' look-alikes in the area) But expect a quite international atmosphere inside.

ENJOY!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments