Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#28502 - 01/05/02 11:53 AM Eo! Another homestyle recipe by Chef Fernando: Fried Aubergines
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
That's it! At the readers petition (I think it was Jo-anne or Chica) here you have another homestyle recipe.

Ingredients:
-Two big aubergines
-Eggs
-Salt
-Olive oil (how not?)

This recipe is very easy to cook. Let's see if I can explain it correctly.

The first thing you have to do is peeling the aubergines (that is, removing the skin). Then slice them into thin slices.

Separately, put some eggs in a dish (2 or 3 eggs) and shake them with a fork.

In a frying pan put abundant olive oil (half a litter). I know than in some countries it may be very expensive. You can use sunflower oil instead, but they will not taste as good. Keep in mind that if you filter the oil after frying the aubergines, you can use it again to fry any other thing.

You have then to heat the oil until it smokes. Then the operation is as follows: take a slice of aubergine, pass it through the egg (until it is cover with it from both sides) and carefully put it into the frying pan (be careful or the oil will go out and it may injury you).

When the slice turns golden, take it out from the oil and put on a this with "kitchen paper" in order to remove the excess of oil. Repeat this operation until there are no more slices. Salt the slices and eat them!

Enjoy!

Fernando

#28503 - 01/05/02 04:32 PM Re: Eo! Another homestyle recipe by Chef Fernando: Fried Aubergines
Tia Offline

I asked for an aubergine recipe in the other thread by the Chef and here it comes. ¡GRACIAS Fernando! This sounds delicious :p ! Do you usually eat this dish as tapas or is it accompanied with some other dish like meat or something else?

#28504 - 01/05/02 04:55 PM Re: Eo! Another homestyle recipe by Chef Fernando: Fried Aubergines
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Yes, it was you Tia smile I hope you enjoyed it.

We usually have it for dinner (in the afternoon) or dinner in the night accompanied by another dish, meat or fish usually. I've never seen it as a "tapa".

I know another recipe with aubergine "Berenjenas rellenas" (aubergine filled with meat, bechamel and the choped aubergine, grilled with emmental on it). I will post it other day wink

Fernando

#28505 - 01/05/02 07:55 PM Re: Eo! Another homestyle recipe by Chef Fernando: Fried Aubergines
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Hi guys,

Iwalanic and I had it as a ración a couple of nights ago. But we were at a restaurant that was so 'casero, casero, casero', that actually it didn't look as a restaurant at all but as some house in a southern village!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cruz70, e-man, Jaybe, kittygregg
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1883 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments