Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#28178 - 10/13/01 10:54 PM NEW YEAR'S EVE IN SPAIN
Judi Offline

Loc: Canada
I am thrilled to be meeting my sister (who lives in Senegal) in Spain for the Christmas holidays. What can two 30 somethings do on New Year's Eve in Spain? We like to party but not packed disco types....

Any suggestions?

Also, the trip is not planned yet so we can be anywhere for New Year's just need to be back to Madrid to go home on the 3rd of January!

Thanks!

#28179 - 10/14/01 06:17 AM Re: NEW YEAR'S EVE IN SPAIN
el Perrito Offline

Loc: Suecia
You might be surprised to find yourself at Sol (in Madrid) eating grapes with fellow Americans and Italians at midnight, in the rain. Thereafter you might be surprised to find all the places closed, but wait a minute !!! At 1 or 1.30 many places start to open and then the party rambles on until late in the morning. Find out what places are open before you go out though.

I believe the Madrilenos spend the evening among friends, at dinner parties, and go out (if at all) after midnight. My suggestion is : Get an invitation.

If you go out a couple of nights before and ask around I'm sure you will find a party to get invited to.

This is of course if you spend New years in Madrid. Otherwise I would se if I could go skiing, possibly in Sierra Nevada or Baqueira-Beret (wronly spelt I think)

[ 10-14-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#28180 - 10/14/01 09:27 AM Re: NEW YEAR'S EVE IN SPAIN
skg2 Offline

Loc: Durham, NC USA
i will be in madrid for new years this year, i believe my friends will be hosting parties at pacha and planet hollywood, not sure yet on details though

#28181 - 10/28/01 02:13 PM Re: NEW YEAR'S EVE IN SPAIN
kk49827 Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
How wonderful to be in Madrid for New Year's Eve.

I was so lucky to be there last year. I made it down to Sol for the festivities. I was amazed at all the different languages I heard there. It was fantastic and fun. But very crowded.

Luckily we made a quick exit and found a place on Gran Via to have a quick bite before continuing more partying later.

Enjoy yourself and plan on there being a crowd everywhere.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1490 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments