Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#28176 - 10/21/01 06:09 AM Re: Restaurants in Chueca Area (Madrid)
hsilcox Offline

Loc: Arlington, VA
We were sent (by a guy we met in a gallery elsewhere in Chueca) to "Gastrotec" right on Plaza de Chueca. Even though we arrived at nine (a reasonable hour at which to dine in Madrid, I thought), the place was deserted, and we had to ring the bell to gain entry. A little awkward...

Once inside though, we had an "intersting" meal. Stepane and Arturo (proprietors of Gastrotec) specialize in skate/ray (think stingray) and Stephane even brought out an little plastic ray to clarify what the menu meant. Richard orderd the ray, "Gallego style," I think). I ordered the (beef) entrecote.

Stephane has a note on the menu cautioning diners that she doesn't cook meet much beyond the "very rare" stage. Normally that's OK with me, but this one was almost mooing. Not that I didn't eat everything on my plate....

Richard has said he'll probably not order skate again (if we ever saw it on a menu again). Not terrible, just an acquired taste probably too informed by images of stealth bombers gliding soundlessly though the sea....

All in all, as I said, an "interesting" evening.

#28177 - 10/23/01 06:32 PM Re: Restaurants in Chueca Area (Madrid)
rere Offline

Loc: palm springs, ca, usa
Hugh, the place sounds cool. But I'll probably have to "skate" by it. I'm fairly unadventurous in the food department.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1479 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments