Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#28134 - 10/06/01 12:06 AM ¡¡¡¡SANGRÍA!!!!
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
What a delicious alcoholic drink it is. I want to share the recipe with you.

Sangría is a fresh drink made with red wine which is marvelous to taste when you are with your friends in summer. The better with a barbacue.

3 peaches
100 grams of sugar
a bit of brandy
1 1/2 liters of red wine
1 branch of cinnamon
1 glass of orange juice
1/2 a glass of lemon juice
1 skin of a lemon
Ice!!! It must be cold.

Peal and chop the peaches and peal the lemon. Make the juices, then mix it all in a jug (including the lemon skin and the peaches).

Be careful! You don't realise how much you are drinking of it until it is too late wink

And please tell me how you enjoyed it if you try it smile

Fernando

#28135 - 10/07/01 02:03 PM Re: ¡¡¡¡SANGRÍA!!!!
mick nick Offline

Loc: wakefield , w.yorks
....(Hic!) Fernando...jusht polished off three jugsh....(burp!).....great shtuff...your my best mate you are....(Hic)

#28136 - 10/07/01 05:05 PM Re: ¡¡¡¡SANGRÍA!!!!
David K. Offline

Loc: Washington, DC area
I always like to add enough cognac to give the sangria a good kick (I learned this from my Spanish Navy counterparts when I was stationed in Madrid with the US Navy)and an apple or two cut into small chunks in addition to or replacement for peaches is nice. Sangria is really a great drink in the warmer months; but tastes good year round! Enjoy feeling good! rolleyes

#28137 - 10/09/01 03:03 PM Re: ¡¡¡¡SANGRÍA!!!!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
I use Sangre de Toro wine, it tastes simply delightful! Of course a big shot of Felipe II too!

#28138 - 10/21/01 07:26 AM Re: ¡¡¡¡SANGRÍA!!!!
mick nick Offline

Loc: wakefield , w.yorks
Fernando,we have also enjoyed large quantites of "Tinto de Verano".In some bars it is served from a barrel and others make up their own versions.Would you have a recipe we could use?

#28139 - 10/21/01 07:46 AM Re: ¡¡¡¡SANGRÍA!!!!
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
That one is even easier to make wink

Tinto de verano is usually red wine with Gaseosa (soda water with a slight lemon flavour). If you only have soda water you may mix it with a little bit of lemon juice. Ah, don't forget the lemon slice and the ices!

Fernando

#28140 - 10/21/01 11:15 AM Re: ¡¡¡¡SANGRÍA!!!!
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Soy un anciano.
What you describe as tinto de verano we used to call 'limonada:' Cut about 4-lemons into quarters, squeeze their juice into a crock and leave the rinds in the crock also. Pour about 2-litres of vino tinto into the crock and add about 1/2 cup of sugar. Stir well, then let it stand for an hour or so. After that, you can add 500ml of gaseosa (or more, depending on your taste). You may also add brandy if you want to 'fortify' it. And, if you want to call it Sangria, add some other fruits (referably barely overripe - for some reason they seem to interact with the wine better at that stage). rolleyes

#28141 - 10/22/01 11:58 PM Re: ¡¡¡¡SANGRÍA!!!!
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I did an informal survey by bringing a bottle of "La Casera" home with me and comparing it to what's availible in the US. The closest I found was Diet Sprite. La Tienda.com has it for sale, but at a price. On my trip next month , I will be sure to fill my excess return baggage with gaseosa. (Right next to the wheel of Manchego!)

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cruz70, e-man, Jaybe, kittygregg
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1679 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments