Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#28053 - 09/03/01 08:23 AM Watching the NFL in Madrid
jmp110372 Offline

Hola,
I am looking to see if anyone would know a specific bar where I could watch NFL games on Sunday. I did a search on the topic and found information, but not anything specific. I am dying to watch my
Jets whoop up on the Colts on Sunday (1pm game in NY, 7pm game here).

go jets
Joe

#28054 - 09/03/01 08:45 AM Re: Watching the NFL in Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hmmm.. You can be almost certain that you won't find anyplace, especially in a bar, to watch NFL football or any station from the USA. ESPECIALLY on Sunday.

Even if they have satallite in this bar, if the bar is open on a Sunday and other Spaniards are inside eating/drinking, you can be SURE a soccer/fútbal match will be on the television because THAT is what the majority of the bar's regular patrons will want to watch.

I've never heard of regular TV stations (like ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX) being broadcast by satallite outside of North America. All these networks DO have a presence in Europe via Satallite though, but they're in the form of news channels, all movies, or something like that. If nothing else, you would be able to see hilights of that particular game, but nothing else. Sorry! frown

I'd say your best best would be to simply LISTEN to the game via streaming audio at a cybercafe somewhere. That is, if the NFL has allowed the broadcast of the NFL games via the internet. Not sure about that, but am sue if you went to www.NFL.com you'd get this information. Good luck!

But MOST importantly, have a WONDERFUL time in Spain and Madrid!!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#28055 - 09/11/01 02:00 AM Re: Watching the NFL in Madrid
ammcfar Offline

That somewhat sucks. I'd gotten rather good at finding bars is the US showing European soccer as was hoping to find some similar arangement the other way round in Spain. Of how my fantasy football team will languish. Oh as sorry about the Jets Joe. My name is Andrew by the way, I seem to have found you on a second topic(the first was about bball)

#28056 - 09/11/01 04:15 AM Re: Watching the NFL in Madrid
Anonymous
Unregistered

ammcfar:

Don't despair. There are still a couple of places where you can try. I think you might be able to find something in the Satellite emissions. I think I have seen american football here, and I am positive that, years ago you could see many NBA games, going to certain bars, and of course, NBA play-offs.

Besides, not all the Satellite chains are the same. The spanish may offer what is posted above, but, what about american ones? I was to International House (Serrano Street) to prepare my Advanced English exam with Cambridge Univ., and they had a TV in a kind of living-room, where students relaxed, where I believe you could see N. American TV, and nobody asked for your student card!

ESPN in spanish , I think this means there is a satellite chain offering this.

Also, there is a so called Web TV that was bought by Microsoft three years ago, that used to offer TV trhough the Net.

Ignacio

[ 09-11-2001: Message edited by: Ignacio ]

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
McTravel
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2426 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments