MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#27965 - 08/02/01 06:24 AM Re: Feria in Malaga
Scottish girl Offline

Loc: Ireland
Thanks again Anchovy,

I have to confess that I have very little spanish and that means that I can't read the site. I have used a translator but they're not great !
I understand if you're fed up with my questions but I'll plough on anyway. Whereabouts in Malaga would we be able to get the bus to the fairground ? Would you be able to tell me the street name or how far from the train station it is ? What time would you recomend that we head into Malaga and then onto the fairground ?

I really appreciate all your help, even if you could point me in the right direction.

I promise if you ever come to Scotland (or Ireland where I am at the moment) I'll answer any questions you have :-)

Thank you thank you thank you
laugh laugh

#27966 - 08/03/01 08:19 AM Re: Feria in Malaga
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Haven't forgotten you, Scots lassie, but I'm just too busy now. I'll respond in depth on Monday. (Summer hours, finish at 2pm, off camping..... laugh )

#27967 - 08/07/01 07:21 AM Re: Feria in Malaga
Scottish girl Offline

Loc: Ireland
Thanks Anchovy,

Hope the camping went well and can't wait to hear from you.

Scots lass wink

#27968 - 08/09/01 09:39 AM Re: Feria in Malaga
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
I've left this a bit late, but I've been really busy the last week or so. Half of Spain is on holiday right now and the other half have been in to my office!

I assume you are in Torremolinos for a few days, Scots lass, so why don't you go into the city centre one day for around one thirty to two in the afternoon. Get off the train at the end of the line, which is one stop after the central station and it's then a five minute walk to Calle Larios (follow the crowds) where the action is centered. Go into the the side streets of the old town and you will find outdoor bars set up and everyone drinking, eating and dancing. Hundreds of finely dressed horsemen and women show off in the streets too, which are closed to traffic. It's very hot, but they stretch huge canopies across the width of the streets offering a bit of shade.

It will be too much to take in the nightly festivities afterwards at the fairground, because that won't get going until 11pm or more, so make a night of it a few days later. They are two different aspects completely of the feria and you should take in both. If you go to the Real, where the nightly action takes place, there are buses direct from Torremolinos (Portillo is the name of the company) or get a taxi from the railway station or bus station, as taxis are really cheap and convenient.

Have a lot of fun! If you see the clumsy looking foreigner, whi has forgotten most of the sevillana movements, say hello to me! laugh

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1602 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments