Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#27946 - 07/25/01 06:35 PM Guinness !!! (Madrid:Where sold?)
magjane Offline

Loc: geordieland!!!
My brother is travelling with me to Madrid in October. The cultural trip is not his scene but I want to make sure he loves Madrid and it would help if I knew anywhere that sold Guinness on draught!! Anyone help ?

[ 07-25-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#27947 - 07/26/01 02:56 AM Re: Guinness !!! (Madrid:Where sold?)
Miguelito Offline

Any Irish pub and almost of the cervecerias..Any bar with more than one kind of beer will have guiness, but the most normals will have only one kind of beer.

#27948 - 07/26/01 08:08 AM Re: Guinness !!! (Madrid:Where sold?)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Found in the Irish style pubs (no need to be real Irish ones), but I haven't seen many other places where you can have it, in my experience, they don't use to have it even at th ones with several draught positions.

#27949 - 07/26/01 09:08 AM Re: Guinness !!! (Madrid:Where sold?)
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
There are loads of Irish pubs, magjane. The Guinness is excellent in Spain these days. Occasionally you come across a bar which sells Newcastle Broon too!

I especially recommend a visit to the Estadio Vicente Calderon (Atletico's ground) during your stay as well, so that you can see a footie team in the famous red and white stripes, as worn by the undoubtedly superior neighbours of yours doon the road on Wearside! wink

Anchovy the Mackem (We always win 2-1 laugh )

#27950 - 07/26/01 08:04 PM Re: Guinness !!! (Madrid:Where sold?)
Andrés Offline

Loc: Madrid
If we consult the sacred texts we will find that in
1892 "La Ardosa" was founded. Their Guinnes tap is still there what bespeaks that more than a hundred years ago the English were between us as they are today (I am Spanish). Situated in the street: Colón, 13 (be careful there is a square with the same name) this tavern makes it into the top twenty oldest ones in the city being their tortilla de patata a recognized institution.

Regards,
André Jarabo (bar-addict)

#27951 - 07/28/01 10:05 AM Re: Guinness !!! (Madrid:Where sold?)
jer Offline

Loc: madrid, spain... the plaza may...
Jejeje, is this a real thread? Guiness is everywhere here in Madrid. Any Irish/English pub will be glad ot sirve you up a pint.

For a list of Pubs in central Madrid where you will most likely find it, go to www.in-madrid.com/entertain and click on the "Irish Pubs" link.

Happy drinking,
jer...

#27952 - 07/29/01 06:22 PM Re: Guinness !!! (Madrid:Where sold?)
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
I hate to disappoint you all, but a study conducted in England found that nine out of ten Englishmen who tried Guinness went back to women... laugh

The tenth guy must have been in the Navy. eek

Wolf (Trying to find a place to hide when the posts come in... rolleyes )

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments