Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#27930 - 07/17/01 10:27 AM Nightlife in Javea!
dublingirl Offline

Hi, I am off to Javea this Saturday (21st) for a week and was wondering what the nightlife is like over here? Are there any particular bars I should go to, or stay away from? Any cheap bars for a good night out? What are the nightclubs like? And are the taxis cheap or expensive? Where are the best restaurants? Also, are there any day trips which you could start from here?

If anyone has any info, I'd be so grateful!!! :p

#27931 - 07/18/01 10:03 AM Re: Nightlife in Javea!
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Hi dublingirl! Top of the morning to you! Are you the one they refer to in that song? wink

I played cricket (hang on, quick translation for those a bit further across the water than where you are.... it's a sport, the idea of which you stole and built the game of baseball around eek ) in Javea quite a few times and remember it as being a town divided into three sections. There was the port, the old town and the beach area (Levante?) of which the last one was the more lively. Plenty of good bars and restaurants as I recall. Taxis were cheap, as was the Javea Aparthotel where we stayed.

The last couple of occasions, we stayed in Alfaz del Pi, a bit further down the coast and a short taxi ride to Benidorm, which is just a tad more lively, you could say!

Wonder if there are any Javea or Alfaz cricketers peeping at this site occasionally...? smile

#27932 - 07/19/01 04:44 AM Re: Nightlife in Javea!
dublingirl Offline

Thanks Anchovy Front (where'd you get a name like that!?)

So, you're saying the best place to go is on the Arenel? I'm planning on moving over to Jvea, and was wondering what you know about employment over there? Actually, where are you from? You never mentioned any good disco's! Are there any?

#27933 - 07/19/01 08:42 AM Re: Nightlife in Javea!
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
El Arenal was the beach bit, that's right. To be honest, I can't remember too much about the bars etc in Javea itself, just that we ate at a good restaurant (don't know the name - I'm a great help to you!) in Arenal and then moved on for some drinking around there on the sea front, but a reasonably early night, as we had to play the next day! The discos and clubs were visited in Benidorm, when we stayed at Albir, a few kilometres away.

I'm on the Costa del Sol, so I don't know too much about the employment situation. I will send you the e-mail address of a friend of mine in Javea, who heads a financial services company and while he may not have anything going, he may know of someone who has.

You could also look here http://www.costablanca-news.com/ in the employment section, or advertise your services there under sits wanted? Good luck, anyway. smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments