Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#27833 - 07/01/01 11:58 PM Youth/Student Discounts
Adam Offline

A lot of museums and sights have youth or student discounts. Do you need some sort of international card to prove that you are underage or a student? Or can you just show an ID from an American university?
Thanks,
Adam

#27834 - 07/02/01 01:01 PM Re: Youth/Student Discounts
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
I think it depends on the museums you are visiting. Some may accept your student card from your country but some others may require an ISIC card. To be on the safe side, I'd get the ISIC card. If you can get discounts for students somewhere, this card proves you are a student everywhere.

#27835 - 07/02/01 11:49 PM Re: Youth/Student Discounts
la maestra Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Tucson, Arizona
Most museums we visited this summer were content to check the student's passport to see if s/he was really under 18. In some cases, when the student was really pretty young (13 or so), we were just waved in and didn't have to show anything. We found it paid to ask...some places let students in for free!

I don't know what the policy is for students over 18.

#27836 - 07/03/01 03:19 AM Re: Youth/Student Discounts
Chip Offline

I got into the Prado and the Reina Sofia with a student discount using my college ID. Let's just say that I am obviously well over 18 (or 21 for that matter), but they had no problem giving me the discount. and I AM actually a college student. wink

#27837 - 07/03/01 04:54 PM Re: Youth/Student Discounts
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
I'm a grad student, but they wouldn't let me use my ID for the Prado because it doesn't have a date (the only date is the date of issue--sometime in 1995--they probably thought I was trying to pull a fast one). I got the impression it would have been fine with a current school year mark on it.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cruz70, e-man, Jaybe, kittygregg
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1884 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments