MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#27714 - 06/13/01 11:21 AM Re: TGI Fridays
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
CaliBasco,

American males who spend too much time in bars are easily identified. Just check shoes for water spots eek

Wolf (Who doesn't wear sandals into American bars)

#27715 - 06/13/01 12:52 PM Re: TGI Fridays
Nic Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
GG, I also became intimate with it in Thailand, where one also doesn't wear sandals. Not from a TGIF however, I would have killed to have seen one of those. The only country I have ever visited and wished to see American food. Does the drug Cipro mean anything to any of you??
Can't believe the thread has gone on this long, however, and I am signing out of it, as I don't think TGIF deserves anymore type time. rolleyes

#27716 - 06/14/01 06:50 PM Re: TGI Fridays
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Why sign out of this? Don't let this disenchanting discourse on dysentery drive you away!

Wolf- my aim is true. When the shuttle steps on the pad, it takes off clean and true. laugh

CaliBasco (who doesn't wear sandals ANYWHERE in Spain...)

#27717 - 06/15/01 06:58 AM Re: TGI Fridays
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
One thing that I haven't seen here is the 'watering trough' style in the bathrooms. Mostly the good old 'porcelain throne', tried and true.

#27718 - 06/22/01 03:43 PM Re: TGI Fridays
Gluhwein Offline

Loc: Mt. Pocono, PA USA
I say "no" to TGI Friday's in Spain. And get rid of all the Italian, German, French, Spanish, Ethiopian, Caribbean, Middle Eastern, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese and Mexican restaurants in the U.S. You should only be allowed to eat the cuisine of your own nation. And while we're at it, no more inter mingling or marrying. Everybody has to stay in their rooms.

#27719 - 06/25/01 09:16 AM Re: TGI Fridays
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Oh bloody hell!! Condemned to a life of Fish and Chips and Spotted Dick! frown

#27720 - 06/25/01 06:01 PM Re: TGI Fridays
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Glu- Can I at least keep my local Canadian restuarant? The extensive menu includes back bacon, walleye and ice. laugh

#27721 - 06/28/01 04:56 PM Re: TGI Fridays
Chip Offline

As a four year veteran of TGIF in a past life (and a visitor to Friday's in Paris and London), let me say that they still know what an American singles bar is all about, but they should never have become a restaurant (the "American Bistro"?). If you're away from home, it's nice to drop in on familar things at times ( a chicken caesar IS good after about a week of Jamon y Torta de Patata). It can also be an exciting place where young locals mingle (e.g.Paris).

Give Mother Friday's a break (please), but it's still El Botin and Museo de Jamon for me. :p

#27722 - 06/28/01 11:21 PM Re: TGI Fridays
GranadaGirl Offline

Loc: Maryland via Connecticut, USA ...
Oh boy, I thought this thread was put to rest long ago!!!

Ok, I must admit, I do agree, it is nice to get a chicken caesar salad or buffalo wings once in a while when you're away. When I was studying in Spain, we went to Gibraltar for the weekend and were in HEAVEN when we found out they had *real* hamburgers and a SAFEWAY grocery store that sold SNICKERS BARS!!! (There were no Snickers bars to be found in Granada at that time at least!!!) So, ok, although I myself STILL can't go to Fridays due to reasons already discussed weeks ago, I will have to cave in on this one...

Now, may I ask, WHAT is a spotted dick?

rolleyes

#27723 - 06/29/01 06:22 AM Re: TGI Fridays
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
I was trying to find you a picture, GranadaGirl, but this is the best I could do...... Now shut your eyes, after clicking here http://www.cix.co.uk/~ossystems/rfmbs/spotted_dick.html ....... then open them slowly. I would recommend you sit down first and have a glass of water handy eek

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2717 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments