Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#27694 - 06/05/01 02:39 PM Re: TGI Fridays
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
I went to college in the US and worked at one of these for a couple months.

One day 2 waiters ran into each other and broke glass into a salad. It was picked out and served by orders from the management. After a quick stay in the hospital the customer brought the 'mother of all lawsuits' against them.

If you're going to pay that money, better off hitting Wendys for the spicy chicken menu super-sized and saving a couple bucks. Besides, the food sucked.

#27695 - 06/05/01 05:10 PM Re: TGI Fridays
Nic Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
GEEEZZZ!!!! The beating continues. eek Bad food, bad drinks ....Somebody is visiting the places, they just built a new one by my house. I heard that Jack Daniels bought into them.

#27696 - 06/05/01 06:37 PM Re: TGI Fridays
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Nic,

Maybe it's the Jack Daniels name that has gotten people to visit them in the first place.

I'd hate to believe that they let Elmer, the cask polisher, run a chain of restaurants for them just because he found the slickest road kill for the crew at the distillery each day. eek

Wolf (Who salutes the Jack Daniels flag when it's raised)

#27697 - 06/06/01 08:23 AM Re: TGI Fridays
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Wow! It was just an observation that they are opening on the C del S..... I can't wait to visit it now! My man on the spot report will follow.......

#27698 - 06/06/01 08:28 AM Re: TGI Fridays
Sofia Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls, NY
[ 06-17-2001: Message edited by: Sofia ]

#27699 - 06/06/01 09:00 AM Re: TGI Fridays
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Hey Wolf, lighten up a little, won't you?

While you were away, the board went through quite a lighthearted, often amusing phase, but since your return I've noticed that your comments have been very sombre, stiff, straitlaced, tedious......quite frankly, boring. You should really try and inject a touch of humo(u)r now and then.

I can't stop thinking about that phrase "slickest road kill" laugh We used to have the most dangerous road in Europe on this coast, the N340. In recent years there has been numerous improvements made, like ironing out a few mad bends, putting a concrete barrier in the middle of it to keep the two lanes apart from the opposing two lanes etc. There used to be so many dead animals on it, it was nicknamed the fur-lined highway. Your microwave would have run constantly at full power in those days!

Okay....here's the editing bit. Can you believe I just posted this without seeing an earlier post you made, regarding the Basque question. So sorry, my friend! The above doesn't sound quite so funny now. After all this time, you pick a day like today to answer a query with a serious answer! If the earth could swallow me up now......
:o

[ 06-06-2001: Message edited by: Anchovy Front ]

#27700 - 06/06/01 11:20 AM Re: TGI Fridays
Sofia Offline

smile

#27701 - 06/06/01 11:22 AM Re: TGI Fridays
Sofia Offline

#27702 - 06/06/01 11:52 AM Re: TGI Fridays
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Sorry Sofia. It was my attempt at dry Brit humo(u)r and it went sadly wrong because of a couple of more serious postings that I hadn't read. I tried the editing bit, but all day I've sat looking at the first few lines of this subject as they appear in Today's New Topics, all the time thinking "Anchovy, what a stupid thing to say!" frown

Wolf brings a tiny (more dry humo(u)r and sarcasm!) bit of laughter here and I'm sure everybody looks forward to his off the wall comments.

So you think I was inviting controversial comments re TGIF.....? wink

#27703 - 06/06/01 12:17 PM Re: TGI Fridays
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
It's nice to see some "fire breathers" out here. But in this case, I knew Anchovy was being humorous (note the spelling - he's teaching me the "right way" to spell) laugh

Actually, just the name of TGIF was enough to rankle some of us, who have found their offerings to be less than palatable. I've often wondered why they don't just change their name to "The Roadkill Cafe." It sounds like it would have worked in Anchovy's neck of the woods, until they changed those wonderful highways laden with tonights menu.

Wolf (Fighting back the inclination to change the above post to something funny)

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 3028 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments