MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#27684 - 06/05/01 08:14 AM TGI Fridays
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
TGI Fridays have arrived on the Costa del Sol in a blaze of glory. They just gave meals away to full houses of guinea pigs for four nights to try out the menu and staff.

Located in Puerto Banus, Marbella, everybody who attended told me it was a fun place. It's an American chain, yes? Forget the tapas and paella, try the fajitas and steaks instead. Good news for the American tourists....isn't it? wink

#27685 - 06/05/01 09:20 AM Re: TGI Fridays
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
That's smile Great/A Shame! frown I went to one (if not the only one) in Madrid and it was "typical" - we had hot wings and burgers. It was my first trip to Spain and we went with another "American" who lives there.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#27686 - 06/05/01 09:29 AM Re: TGI Fridays
Pookita Offline

Loc: FL, USA
P-p-pthewy! (sound of someone trying to clear the unpleasant taste of bat guano from their mouth)I prefer to get absorbed into the local culture, and that includes local cusine.

Maybe I shouldn't be so hard on TGI Fridays. They may very well provide a service to the tourists who just can't go another day without a turkey club sandwich. And, I have to admit, whenever I travel I get the strongest craving for a cheeseburger about two weeks into my travels. It just seems so boring to me. I can't even remember that last time I was in a Friday's here in the USA, so I tend to doubt I will eat there when in Spain!

#27687 - 06/05/01 09:45 AM Re: TGI Fridays
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
TGI Friday - They are really bad... Home of the greasiest food this side of the Himalayas. If you were able to remove the grease from their burgers you'd end up with a piece of ground meat the size of a pea, and possibly greener. As for their lard fries... Gawd! If you don't eat them before they cool, chances are you'll end up with chunks of animal fat lazily residing on your teeth.

Not even Hooters, which seems to pride themselves on offering terrible food because you shouldn't have gone there for that anyway, is better.

A steady diet of Tele-pizza left over from yesterday, even if someone picked off all the toppings is a better choice.

That said, I'm going to the kitchen to make myself a breakfast burrito... rolleyes

Wolf (who prides himself on rarely missing a meal, if conscious)

#27688 - 06/05/01 10:30 AM Re: TGI Fridays
Luces de Bohemia Offline

I think it is really nice. Not everybody likes Spanish food and it is good that they have the option to eat "American" food. Plus, Spaniards like hamburgers and chicken fingers, right? The fact that there is international food in Spain doens't mean that typical Spanish food is going to dissapear.

#27689 - 06/05/01 11:13 AM Re: TGI Fridays
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Like TGIF's or not - I'll wager the chain does well in Marbella. While I agree with Wolf about the quality - or lack thereof - the "look/feel/taste" that is TGIF will appeal to a certain group of people - traveler or local. Just walk into any Planet Hollywood - anywhere in the world - its really the same marketing image type of thing. rolleyes

#27690 - 06/05/01 11:41 AM Re: TGI Fridays
Sofia Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls, NY
[ 06-17-2001: Message edited by: Sofia ]

#27691 - 06/05/01 12:36 PM Re: TGI Fridays
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
I like that term. Chicken fingers. I've never seen a chicken with hands let alone fingers. Next it will be chicken lips. I hate to imagine what part of the fowl that will come from eek

Wolf (who only eats identifiable body parts from feathered & hairy animals)

#27692 - 06/05/01 01:59 PM Re: TGI Fridays
Nic Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
Quite harsh words from everyone on the Friday's thing. I also like to immerse my self in the culture's food, but I was glad to get away from all the Spanish salty foods for a meal or two. We didn't go to TGI Friday's, but did hit some good Italian places, that I have posted previously. Sorry Wolf, a good salad at Friday's would look good to me after all the jamon y queso.

#27693 - 06/05/01 02:11 PM Re: TGI Fridays
Pookita Offline

Loc: FL, USA
A salad helps to "keep things moving along" the old digestive tract, too. laugh One tends to get a little constipated after a long journey and alot of jamon y queso.

(sorry, couldn't resist!)

Pookita

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 3016 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments