Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#27681 - 06/06/01 08:00 AM Re: Hosteria del Laurel (Seville)
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
I've seen taxis drop off at the Laurel and it's just down from there, but you're not too far anyway at Plaza Santa Ana. If the cart is in for it's ITV, or roadworthy test, the day you arrive, don't worry as you should be alright on the admittedly not too smooth narrow lanes. Don't take the corners too quickly, though, as the roller bags tend not to grip too well on that surface.

I believe that you can also use the cart to get you home after a night at Flaherty's http://www.pflaherty.com/where.htm rolleyes There are several good Irish pubs (populated by mainly Spaniards) in Sevilla. Another good one is on the Plaza de Cuba on the Triana side. Watch the Gunness....it gives you a bad head and memory loss the next day!! eek

#27682 - 06/07/01 08:27 AM Re: Hosteria del Laurel (Seville)
Pookita Offline

Loc: FL, USA
A.F. - your advice is well received!

I will particularly be careful of those slick corners you referenced rolleyes (Especially after a visit to Falherty's - which will definitely be in order!)

Pookita

#27683 - 09/17/01 11:37 PM Re: Hosteria del Laurel (Seville)
JJB Offline

Loc: Hong Kong
Just came back from Spain and got an unhappy experience at Hosteria del Laurel in Sevilla.

I think we (two females at their 30s) were there a bit early - we arrived at 7.35pm. Because we have reserved a flamenco at 9.00pm, my friend asked the waiter in English if they were now ready to serve dinner. Apparently they have finished doing with the table-clothing or so. (I was there at 7.10pm wandering around the Santa Cruz area when they did the preparation.)

The waiter we asked then started SHOUTING at us in complete Espanol. Yes, he was virtually shouting, with eyes looking straight into my companion like a mad dog! My friend knew no spanish and me only a little. He shouted the same thing three times before another waiter came to assist in broken English "eight o'clock".

Well, even if we don't know the language or if we were too early, I don't see why he had to shout at us. He could easily resolve the barrier by simple body language - eight fingers for example is easy enough to understand.

We left immediately, of course not without a return of fierce look at him.

I hope this is just a single incident but this is enough to put customers off. I never eat at places that hire mad dogs, however delicious the food is gonna be.

JJB frown

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2393 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments