Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#27644 - 06/08/01 05:27 PM Re: NBA on TV in Barcelona?
Majesty318 Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Ooh Real Madrid won??? smile Asterault help me here, I don't really know the difference between la liga and the UEFA stuff, etc., and I know I saw in El País last month that Bayern Munich beat them somewhere... did they just win the big game they won last year (they were against Valencia in the one I am thinking of from last year, in the last week of May)? Or is this a different league?

#27645 - 06/08/01 05:55 PM Re: NBA on TV in Barcelona?
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Real Madrid won the Liga ACB (basketball). They are currently leading the liga de fútbol too, but we're not done with that season yet...

I think they beat Tau (Vitoria) in the playoffs (or are they still playing?).

#27646 - 06/09/01 09:50 PM Re: NBA on TV in Barcelona?
Majesty318 Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Cool thanks CaliBasco. When is the fútbol season over? It is not still going on at the end of June right? (For someone who loves Real Madrid I guess I don't know much about the logistics of the game!)

#27647 - 06/10/01 07:37 AM Re: NBA on TV in Barcelona?
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
Real Madrid won the fútbol liga, 'clinched' so to speak, even though there are 2 more weekends or so.

The ACB is still in the semis - Tau or R Madrid, against Barcelona in the finals.

#27648 - 06/11/01 06:11 PM Re: NBA on TV in Barcelona?
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

I should've known that...I went to the ACB finals in 1992: Estudiantes Badalona vs. Real Madrid...and that was in mid-June...

BTW: Is Estudiantes still Estudiantes? They were really good in the late 80s and early 90s with Epi and a few other notables (normally the guys you'd see get beat-up on at the olimpiadas by USA and Lithuania...), but still some good play. I haven't looked recently to see if they're still around...

Also: Lakers 2-1...the McDonald's Challenge should be interesting this year, no matter who wins the NBA...

#27649 - 06/12/01 06:18 AM Re: NBA on TV in Barcelona?
Asterault Offline

Estudiantes is in Madrid.

However there is a team called 'Joventut Badalona,' I assume this is it and they joined the 'let's change our name to Catalan' fad.

All prime smackdown material for even the LA Clippers. laugh

#27650 - 06/12/01 04:56 PM Re: NBA on TV in Barcelona?
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Yes...you are correct, sir. I forgot it was Joventut. I thought initially they were Juventus, but knew that was in Italy, so went with Estudiantes...

Who were the other "stars" in their heyday? All I remember is Epi (who actually played for Barça) and some point guard they had with a name like Villalobos or something...he was quick, but would've been spit out by any PG in the NBA.

#27651 - 06/13/01 12:59 PM Re: NBA on TV in Barcelona?
Asterault Offline

I don't know really as I have only been here a year and follow the footie more (incidentally tonight my beloved Fiorentina plays Parma for the Italian). I like the interviews with the American hoopsters on Spanish TV though with their thick accents.

Also the NBA tonight - I hope tattoo boy is rested as this is a must. Maybe Shaq will be off making one of his fine cinema or musical pieces instead. laugh

#27652 - 06/14/01 05:27 PM Re: NBA on TV in Barcelona?
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Yeah, I remember those great interviews. Probably a lot like Dikembe "Cookie Monster" Mutombo speaking to Peter Vecsey after the game last night. Mutombo from Africa and Vecsey from Brooklyn. Who won, anyway? Oh yeah, the Lakers. :p

#27653 - 06/15/01 07:03 AM Re: NBA on TV in Barcelona?
Asterault Offline

Well there's still one game left, maybe Shaq 'Kazaam' O'Neill will have an off day and cost them a game. My poor ex-city needs a morale booster. With the Phillies and the Eagles (some weird game with a longish ball), self-esteem is not what one would call good.

Don't like Mutombo much eh? I don't know much about him, I've been out of the States long enough to be out of the sports 'know.'

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments