Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#27564 - 05/12/01 08:53 AM Re: bullfight tix (Madrid: where to buy them?)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
www.TicketsToros.com (or TEYCI -- harder to remember), says you can pick up your tickets the day of the corrida (see #5) @ http://www.ticketstoros.com/ingles/venta.html . They say:

HOW TO GET YOUR TICKETS:
  • 1. Select the show in the feast calendar.
  • 2. Choose the "tendido" and the seat you prefer in the figure.
  • 3. Buy your tickets with the safest method: TPV
  • 4. You´ll receive a receipt by e-mail.
  • 5. You can get your tickets in our stablishment one or two days before the show (Teyci, c/Goya 5-7, Pasaje de Carlos III) or in the "Plaza de Toros de las Ventas" in our permanent booth the same day of the show.
  • 6. Enjoy yourself!

But I see what you mean. It does NOT say you can pick them up at Las Ventas on the day of the corrida in the Spanish version. hmmm... confused

Plus, I'm not so sure that you can actually buy your tickets online with Localidades Galicia. Don't they only reserve them for you whereas www.TicketsToros.com actually sells them in the moment?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#27565 - 05/12/01 09:44 AM Re: bullfight tix (Madrid: where to buy them?)
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Hi Cam,

I phoned Pullmantur yesterday and they still had tickets available for the bullfighting today (May, 12th). Prices are 7000 pesetas / 10200 pesetas depending on whether the seat is on the sun or the shade.

If you are interested in this city tour + bullfighting package, I can arrange it for you (at the same price Pullmantur / Trapsatur / Julia tours sell them). But note that even though you have to book in advance!!.

#27566 - 05/12/01 10:28 AM Re: bullfight tix (Madrid: where to buy them?)
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
They don't say anything about getting the tickets at Las Ventas at the Spanish version, the French version or even at the "General Conditions" at the English version. It seems very strange to me that a reseller may has its own booth at the bullring. I'll check it next week and I'll tell you.

As for buying tickets online, Localidades Galicia sell them by phone, fax or e-mail. I guess with Teyci is much easier since you can choose which seat you want and with Localidades Galicia you have to ask them which ones are available.

In either case they don't do any actual selling of the tickets since they are not Las Ventas. They are just resellers so what they actually do is resell tickets they have reserved at Las Ventas for this. Anyway, I'll find out more about them and edit this message then.

#27567 - 05/13/01 03:04 PM Re: bullfight tix (Madrid: where to buy them?)
cantabene Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD, USA
Antonio informs us that:
"It seems very strange to me that a reseller may has its own booth at the bullring."

It's been a few years. But as a regular visitor to Ventas bullfights some years ago I recall many little portable huts scattered on the space in front of the ring on the afternoon of the fight. They were offices for the resellers. Their signs noted that the markup was 20 percent.

It would be interesting to know if they still do business at the smae old portable stands.
Cantabene

[ 05-13-2001: Message edited by: cantabene ]

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2723 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments