Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#27387 - 04/07/01 08:09 AM tickets for Prado, Sofia, Bornemisza and bullfight (Madrid)
xtina Offline

Has anyone bought tickets in advance for the Prado, Reina Sofia and Thyssen-Bornemisza museums in Madrid? I emailed the Prado and asked for info, but haven't heard anything yet. I don't want to have to stand in long lines in the summer heat if I can avoid it. I also went to the Plaza de las Ventas sight which tells me I can't buy bullfight tickets in advance. We will be arriving in Madrid on Friday 22 June and going to the bullfight Sunday 24 June. I don't want to get there and find the seats all sold out. We want to pay more for the seats in the barrera section at the front. I'm also going to the Alhambra, so I'll try the 011 34 91 374520 # that has been suggested. We will be in Spain June 22 - July 7 and then Mallorca until July 27. Our trip includes Madrid, Barcelona, Granada, Cordoba, Sevilla, and Zaragoza. Any suggestions for these cities?

[ 04-07-2001: Message edited by: xtina ]

[ 04-10-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#27388 - 04/07/01 08:10 PM Re: tickets for Prado, Sofia, Bornemisza and bullfight (Madrid)
jensdog Offline

Loc: Houston, TX 77006
If you go on Sunday morning to the Prado you don't need tickets because it is free. I found that the Thyssen-Bournemisza is pretty quiet and really there was no need for me to purchase advance tickets there either.

#27389 - 04/11/01 10:22 PM Re: tickets for Prado, Sofia, Bornemisza and bullfight (Madrid)
GranadaGirl Offline

Loc: Maryland via Connecticut, USA ...
Do you know if the Prado is open on Easter Sunday? We will be headed off on Friday for Madrid!! WOO HOO!!!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments