Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#27281 - 03/22/01 02:51 PM Best gay/mixed clubs for a Fri/Sat night in Madrid?
jtee Offline

Hi - I'll be in Madrid for 2 Friday nights and 2 Saturday nights this April, and I was wondering whether anyone had any suggestions as to some of the best gay (or mixed) clubs for dancing? I'll be travelling with 2-3 straight females, so a gayclub that isn't 100% boys or is frequented by straight females might be more comfortable for them (though 99%boys would be just fine for me - a club with sortof our age-group (20-early30's)?

OH - and as a side note - is anyone familiar with the rave scene in Madrid? Is there one, and if so, could someone point me to a location with info? I'd be interested in checkout a 'Spanish' rave out sometime (too bad I won't be around in Ibiza in the summer).

- James

#27282 - 03/22/01 04:20 PM Re: Best gay/mixed clubs for a Fri/Sat night in Madrid?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi jtee! Welcome to the "family"! I just did a SEARCH using the SEARCH link above/right and found a thread you may find useful. It's the " Nice lesbian clubs in madrid!\" ". By the title you might think it doesn't apply to your situation, but there are some good comments and link within.

As for raves, I did another search here and found " clubs/raves/bars (Madrid) ", but using RAVE as the keyword I found a number of other possibles.

Have a GREAT time!! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#27283 - 03/22/01 05:07 PM Re: Best gay/mixed clubs for a Fri/Sat night in Madrid?
Jen Offline

Loc: Chicago
Sorry, but I can't resist-
MM- Do you think we may get different listings if we put "mean lesbian clubs" as opposed to "nice lesbian clubs"?

#27284 - 03/22/01 05:26 PM Re: Best gay/mixed clubs for a Fri/Sat night in Madrid?
tomas Offline

Loc: San Francisco, California, USA
I think your straight female friends will feel very comfortable at most gay clubs - my experience has been that the atmosphere is much more mixed than it is at clubs here in the States or Canada. My friends in Sevilla often prefer to go to gay clubs because they say they have more fun there.

One site to check out is http://www.chueca.com

Look under Servicios, Guia Gay Internacional, Espana, Madrid, Madrid Capital
http://www.chueca.com/locales.cgi?op=listar&id=34280&tipo=8

It is the gay website for Madrid and Spain - has club listings, etc.

Good luck!

Tomas

------------------
"Salud, amor y pesetas - y tiempo para gozarlos" http://home.att.net/~t.macentee

[This message has been edited by tomas (edited 03-22-2001).]

#27285 - 03/22/01 10:28 PM Re: Best gay/mixed clubs for a Fri/Sat night in Madrid?
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
Hi--
Just a suggestion for while you're in Chueca neighborhood--the restaurant Ribeira do Miño on Calle Santa Brígida is FABULOUS for seafood. It's between Fuencarral and Hortaleza, about 6 blocks in from the Gran Vía. They serve you a huge pile of shellfish (about 4000 ptas. for two people)--and you peel and make a big mess of it. It's wonderful. Look for the mountains of seafood in the windows. It's a popular place and seems to draw big crowds...and it's close to some of the nightlife you'll probably be checking out.
Have fun discovering Madrid!
Tara

#27286 - 04/12/01 02:08 AM Re: Best gay/mixed clubs for a Fri/Sat night in Madrid?
jtee Offline

Thank you everybody for your advice/help. I now have a decent list of mixed/gay clubs and shops I"ll have to check out smile I'm off to Madrid tonight (thurs) - will let you all know how it goes.

smile
- James

#27287 - 04/12/01 08:40 PM Re: Best gay/mixed clubs for a Fri/Sat night in Madrid?
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
Have a GREAT time!!!!!!!!!!

#27288 - 04/20/01 11:49 PM Re: Best gay/mixed clubs for a Fri/Sat night in Madrid?
druship Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
www.chueca.com seems to have the most information I've found. There is also (of course) Damron's, etc, as well as a Spanish-lanuage Mensual magazine that I know Different Light carries (if you are in a city that has a Different Light store).

I don't know about the rave scene.

Does anyone have any good advice, enlaces, etc., on la vida gay en Madrid? The few paragraphs I get in Lonely Planet, et. al. just aren't doing it for me. I'm going to be there for a month (yay!) this summer y, por supuesto, know it will be a blast, but I have no idea what the differences are between American gay culture and Spanish gay culture, other than that the latter appears to be, por lo general, more closeted.

Any information, and yes, including clubs, woudl be appreciated, but I can get club guides anywhere. I'm trying to see if there are more personal observations on this subject. Thanks in advance!!!!

(and yes, I'll of course reciprocate with my own "findings". Sigh, what we do in the name of research...) smile

[ 04-21-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#27289 - 04/22/01 12:53 AM Re: Best gay/mixed clubs for a Fri/Sat night in Madrid?
Andrés Offline

Loc: Madrid
As a former nightlife guide I suppose I should say something. My recommendation is one:
Street: Barbieri 10
Neighborhood: Chueca
Disco: Polanas

You may be charged 2.000 pts! to get into it (one drink included in the price) but this place is the kind of you will only get into through nightlife guides. It is one of the pearls of Chueca neigborhood, it is really worth it the ten minutes line.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
pablo80, pikkmees, ValLynn
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1505 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments