Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#27258 - 09/06/01 11:09 AM Re: Madrid - a desert in August???
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Barry and Andre

Well we had a fabulous time in Madrid this August. However, there was no sign of anything happening regarding fiestas etc on the 4/5th. Also, when we went to El Rastro, it wasn't on.

I'm not complaining, we had the time of our lives, but just wondered how we managed to miss out on these two things?

Jo

#27259 - 09/06/01 01:52 PM Re: Madrid - a desert in August???
roses Offline

Loc: Beverly Hills, CA
what day did you go to the rastro? it happens from 10-3pm i believe on sunday.

next time you go to madrid, buy the guia del ocio... it lists all the weekly events and festivals. it is a GREAT guide...roses.

#27260 - 09/06/01 02:47 PM Re: Madrid - a desert in August???
Andrés Offline

Loc: Madrid
I seems to me you thought that the party was everywhere in the city, wrong. As Barry so kindly indicated it the party takes place in the sorroundings of Argumosa st, did you check this last one? at night? I did and there was a nice Madrid party although the one in La Latina (Almendro st) is much better (10-15th August)

Cheers,
André

#27261 - 09/06/01 07:11 PM Re: Madrid - a desert in August???
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Andres:

We knew roughly where the fiesta was (Lavapies sort of area, Calle Argumosa?), but it was only about 10pm when we were out, so maybe too early?

Roses:

We bought our Gia del Ochio at the airport as soon as we collected our bags, but were so stupid, we didn't give ourselves the time to really look at it. It now lies by the side of our bed - I'll have a look at it tonight!

Yes we went to the rastro on Sunday at about 10.30, but must've been on the wrong street or something, we were walking down Lavapies towards Atocha and looking down all the streets, not knowing exactly where we should be, but we didn't even see other people making their way somewhere.

It wasn't important that we got to either the fiesta or the rastro, but to have come across either would have added to the excitement. We had plenty of other things to do too, which we really enjoyed.

Just need to make sure we're in exactly the right time and place next time! rolleyes

Jo

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2051 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments