Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#27041 - 03/03/01 07:09 AM Tapas crawl with Andrés (Madrid)
Susanita Offline

Loc: London, England
I was in Madrid in early February and went on the tapas crawl with Andres. Whilst I did meet some great people and Andres is a really nice guy, I think his tapas crawl needs a rethink!! There was definitely more crawling round the city, than actually drinking or eating tapas. We only had a small morsel of cheese and a couple of small morsels of ham, and not that much to drink. I also thought that he charged too much for the evening, particularly since I had to go and find something to eat at midnight!!

It's definitely worth doing just to see some recommended bars and the sights of the city at night, and, if you are alone, you can meet people, but if you are looking for some interesting tapas and wines, do it on your own!!

I think Andres should change the name from 'tapas crawls' to something else which more correctly describes his service.

[This message has been edited by MadridMan (edited 03-03-2001).]

#27042 - 03/03/01 12:57 PM Re: Tapas crawl with Andrés (Madrid)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi Susanita!! Thanks so much for your feedback about the Walks of Madrid tapas crawl. So sorry to hear you didn't enjoy it as much as you would have liked. Not sure what's happening here. We've heard lots of very positive feedback from a number of people on this message board. Even I went on a very informal tapas crawl with Andrés and several others after last October's Party With MadridMan and we all had a good time, doing lots of drinking and eating.

I know his "business" is still pretty new and he's always making changes in order to improve things and your feedback can only help. So I thank you and I'm sure Andrés thanks you for your comments.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#27043 - 03/05/01 03:18 PM Re: Tapas crawl with Andrés (Madrid)
Kamilah Offline

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI, USA
I can not comment on the actual walks of madrid tour with andres since the week I was in Madrid he did not have any because of carnival. However he and his friends showed us around informally and it was a great introduction to Madrid nightlife. I would definately recommend his tour, however when you email him make sure to specify what your looking for (more tapas vs clubs vs bars) and he should be able to tell you whether or not the tour will fit your needs.

#27044 - 03/21/01 10:42 PM Re: Tapas crawl with Andrés (Madrid)
Nav Offline

Loc: Seoul, S.Korea
I was in Madrid at the end of January and my friend and I joined Andres on the Walks Of Spain tour. I have to say that without a doubt it was the highlight of our time in Madrid. We discovered places that we would not have otherwise seen. Andres took us to at least five different bars and we had plenty to eat and drink. We found the price to be very reasonable and the company most pleasant. I think that while the Walks of Spain may have room for improvement, as with any tour, it is an excellent idea and by far a much better way to enjoy Madrid at night than any other tour. I only wish that this kind of crawl was available in other cities.

#27045 - 03/22/01 07:04 PM Re: Tapas crawl with Andrés (Madrid)
Susanita Offline

Loc: London, England
I am glad that others had plenty to eat and drink. I obviously went on an "off" night!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Mario70
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1919 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments