Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#27037 - 02/27/01 08:39 AM Real Madrid/Barcelona game - > Watch in bar?
Traderwoody Offline

Loc: Oxford, UK
We're going to be in Madrid this weekend and had decided that trying to get tickets to the big match would be virtually impossible! We'd still like to see it televised in a raucous local bar. Is it being shown? Does anyone know a good down-to-earth bar to watch it in, or are there so many that there's one on every corner?

Cheers!
Traderwoody

#27038 - 02/27/01 08:59 AM Re: Real Madrid/Barcelona game - > Watch in bar?
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Hi Traderwoody! My wife and I were in Madrid in October, when the first match was played in Barcelona. It seemed that every bar we walked past was busy, full of people tilting their heads upwards to view the obligatory TV in the corner!

If it was me, I would go ticketless to the Santiago Bernabeu in any case, a couple of hours before the game and soak up the pre-match atmosphere. There are many bars around the ground in which to see the match and you will not be disappointed, I'm sure.

Getting to and from the stadium by Metro is unbelievably quick and painless. After I saw a sell out (crowd of 75,000) game there earlier this month, fifteen minutes after the match finished we were on a train heading back to the centre.

#27039 - 02/27/01 11:14 AM Re: Real Madrid/Barcelona game - > Watch in bar?
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
Not to worry. This game will be on the tv in every bar in the country.

#27040 - 02/27/01 03:14 PM Re: Real Madrid/Barcelona game - > Watch in bar?
Traderwoody Offline

Loc: Oxford, UK
I'd hoped that it would be on tv, but wasn't too sure as each country has it's own customs/regulations regarding televising sports events. It turns out that this game is definitely a sell-out (surprise surprise), but only the second time that the ticket offices are closed on the day of the match! (It sold out VERY fast). So, we'll go to the ground before-hand, then follow the crowd to a rowdy bar and hope for the best!
Thanks for the tips,
Cheers,
Traderwoody

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments