Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#26909 - 02/09/01 12:35 PM What's on in Madrid?
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
I picked up a really good free newspaper in the tourist office in the Plaza Mayor and it contains loads of good stuff about exhibitions, cinemas, restaurants, bars, nightlife, etc.

It's written in a great style, aimed possibly at the, dare I say it, slightly not so mature market!! There's something in it for everyone though. For example, there's an advert for free Spanish classes, every Mon and Tues 9-11pm for all levels at La Taberna Chica (La Latina). It says to just come along and buy a drink. Good idea?

There is an on-line version too at
www.in-madrid.com

Check it out, as they say!

#26910 - 02/09/01 01:37 PM Re: What's on in Madrid?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hey! I know the guy that designed their website! Jeremy is a 20-something guy from New York, but with a father from Ireland so he's legally able to work in Madrid/Europe. This guy is REALLY sharp, too. He is the owner/operator of OleIdiomas.com , a language schools search site for Spain. We'd been emailing for about 2 years and just by absolute chance, I ran into Jeremy while at Plaza Oriente on a sunny late afternoon last October. He spotted me, having seen me on MadridMan's Live Cam , and we sat down at a terraza for a beer for some tech-talk.

Anyway, I also think that InMadrid is a great publication for being free! Pick up a copy when you're InMadrid the next time. it lists all the current events, much as the Guía del Ocio does, but InMadrid is in English and FREE!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#26911 - 02/10/01 12:35 PM Re: What's on in Madrid?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Anchoy front, MadridMan and all Madrid lovers. This is Jeremy, the guy who lives (very happily) in Madrid and designed the InMadrid website and (not to sing my own praises or anything, it is a useful site for finding out what is happening in Madrid each month and aslo has a cool classifieds section. MadridMan, thanks for mentioning olé idiomas, I consider it to be my baby and a great place to find language school Info. For languages come to me but for all else about Madrid, you all know where to look (MadridMan.com plug!!!).

Over and Out,

Jer...

#26912 - 02/10/01 12:55 PM Re: What's on in Madrid?
Sol Offline

Sol to Jer - come-in...

Sol to Jer - come-in...

Come-in Jer...

Really like your InMadrid site!

Do you know if there is a similar publication/web site for Barcelona?

over and out...

Sol

#26913 - 02/10/01 04:19 PM Re: What's on in Madrid?
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Sol,

Have a look at Guia del Ocio . They have information about many cities in Spain.

Check out also barcelona.com . They had a dispute with Barcelona's city council over this domain and they lost so maybe they will have to move to another domain soon.

Regards,

Antonio

------------------
The best tips from your favourite hostal in Madrid.
Hostal Chelo at http://www.chelo.com

#26914 - 02/11/01 12:38 PM Re: What's on in Madrid?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
jerweb/Jeremy lives, believe it or not, IN THE PLAZA MAYOR!!!!!! (Jeremy, hope you don't mind me mentioning it. ) He has a FANTASTIC upper-floor flat overlooking the interior of the plaza AND ALSO the outside of the plaza (won't say which side so he won't get any stalkers knocking on his door).

For links to Barcelona sites, view www.Barcelona.com as Antonio says, or a few others listed on MadridMan's Madrid & Spain Links page.

GREAT job with InMadrid , jerweb!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
McTravel
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2454 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments