Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#26721 - 08/27/02 12:48 PM Re: Paella
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Hey, are you trying to be sarcastic, Toddy? wink

The large shrimp are langostinos and I've always found them in Spain, it's America where I can't find them!...maybe you should break away from the McPaella at Mickey D's and eat at a real restuarant. laugh :p wink (You can punch me for that one at the Basque picnic next weekend...you are coming, aren't you???)

Your buds are definitely americanos as the paella purist wouldn't think of putting "land meat" eek into the mix, and certainly never with mariscos and "land meat"! eek eek That having been said, I'll eat paella with a shoe and some boiled football leather in it...I love it!!!

#26722 - 08/27/02 04:34 PM Re: Paella
toddy Offline

Loc: USA
langostinos? Is that the little shrimp with the eyes still on it that they put in paella?

Sorry, for me, too many eyes and not enough meat(and too many bones with rabbit)

toddy, who love almost all of Spanish cuisine(especiall morcilla de Burgos) except little big-eyed shrimp) smile

#26723 - 08/27/02 05:20 PM Re: Paella
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Toddy,
Langostinos come in varying sizes, but they look more like a little lobster than a shrimp,they are often mistaken for shrimps or crawfish because of their size, but they are more like small rock lobsters. If you are lucky your paella would have langostinos the size of a small lobster. laugh Their taste is a cross between a shrimp and a lobster, and thay are indeed delicios.

The best paellas are the ones you cook in the beach. There is something about the ocean breeze mixed with the smells emanating from the cooking paellas, platanitos fritos and the Sangria! Ave Maria, to die for. wink

#26724 - 08/30/02 07:29 PM Re: Paella
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Anyone who wants paella in the LA area tomorrow night is by all means invited to the Basque Club in Chino . The Gauden Bat dance group is having an annual fundraiser dinner with, you guessed it, paella. The person who normally cooks the paella there is asturiana and does a wonderful job.

If you can't make it tomorrow, don't miss lamb on Sunday...I've already heard back from a few of you...and can't wait to make your acquaintance!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments