Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#26694 - 02/08/01 11:54 PM Re: Table for 10 in Madrid?
cantabene Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD, USA
Sol:
I'm sure you can get suckling pig at Botin anytime. My reference to Botin being a second class restaurant had nothing to do with the quality of the food or service. The government for many years had a system of rating restaurants and hotels according to a number of factors--mostly the luxuriousness of the physical accommodations--not the qaulity of the food.

At one time (I don't know if this is still in effect) the prices a restaurant or hotel could charge were limited by its classification.

I'm not up to date on Botin's hours. I would think that between 1 and 2 o'clock would be about right.

If you have a dining partner, I suggest one of you try the cuchinillo, the other the cordero asado, and sample both.

My impression is that Botin has always been a consistently good restaurant, but you can find better. Restaurants abound in Madrid. But then I tend to be picky. IMHO it's as good as any place to begin your culinary exploration--and better than some. Ask for a table downstairs in the cave-like "bodega." That's where the ambience is.
Cantabene

#26695 - 02/10/01 01:06 PM Re: Table for 10 in Madrid?
Sol Offline

Catabene-

Thank you for all your help

Sol

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
McTravel
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2398 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments