Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#26557 - 01/06/01 02:51 PM (Madrid) Fresh churros and chocolate for me (and the kids)
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Dear All

Can't believe I'm thinking about this already, but who can recommend some reliable places for churros in Madrid?

The best I ever had were in the indoor market in Garrucha (Nr. Mojacar) - I couldn't stop going back for more, and would like to get some when we take the kids to Madrid next summer.

Not so bothered about the chocolate, but hey, if it's there, I'll probably go for that too if forced!

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Jo-Anne

#26558 - 01/06/01 07:28 PM Re: (Madrid) Fresh churros and chocolate for me (and the kids)
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Shawn and I went to the well-known Chocolatería de San Ginés. After 14 years living in Madrid it was my first time there and it was very dissapointing to me. The churros weren't hot and the chocolate wasn't as delicious as it should be in such a popular place. Furthermore, it's expensive compared to other places.

Near my hostel at Fuencarral, 46 you will find Rocablanca. This cafeteria has chocolate with churros for 260 pesetas (whereas Chocolateria de San Ginés is 400 pesetas). I haven't tried many places but churros at this place are quite good.

Regards,

Antonio

------------------
The best tips from your favourite hostal in Madrid.
Hostal Chelo at http://www.chelo.com

#26559 - 01/07/01 08:56 AM Re: (Madrid) Fresh churros and chocolate for me (and the kids)
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
If you find yourself in the vicinity of Barajas pueblo, Toribio's a Churreria on the main Plaza has the best Churros I have eaten in all of Madrid. Of course they make their own Churros and Porras and their chocolate is thick and rich. They are 'mobbed' with air crews in the morning. I think they are open from about 05:00 to 11:30 (something like that).

Catch the Route 101 Bus at the airport (upper level) to the Plaza if you have about 2-hours wait after check-in for your flight back to the U.S. You can usually find a taxi at the Plaza to take you back to the airport.

The Barajas pueblo Metro station is about 500-m north of the plaza - a pretty good 'hike.'

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments