Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#26448 - 12/16/00 10:23 AM sneaking parador breakfast food!
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
To combine two threads: after reading Leuci's wonderful description of a typical parador breakfast, I have to share my experience. Last summer as you all know (because I've talked about it 20 times!!) I did a parador tour of Extremadura. Well, those breakfasts include all kinds of chorizo, cheese, fruit, cookies, etc. etc. I can't eat that much in the morning. So, being the shameless person I am, I would take the little plastic bags in the parador bathrooms (or my own ziplocks) in my purse to breakfast. I'd bring back plates to my table teaming with food. When the waiters were out of the room, bingo, I'd fill my bags with food. Then, in the eves, we would sit in our wonderful parador rooms, pop open a Cruzcampo beer from the minibar, and have a tapa dinner FREE. One memorable eve was on a balcony overlooking the Monasterio de Gaudalupe. I don't think the waiters would mind even if they saw me... so much food, so little time. Saludos!

#26449 - 12/16/00 11:01 AM Re: sneaking parador breakfast food!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. hehehee.... What a picture your description paints. Now then - isn't it liberating to expose your kleptomaniacal tendencies to the world? Now Ms. rgf, tell us about your childhood and your relationship with your father. heheehee...

I'm sure the waiters didn't care either. When we were in Barcelona last year, pretty nice hotel, the HUGE buffet breakfast was so overwhelming!! I think we too stuffed a couple sliced rolls with cheese/ham into our pockets upon leaving to see the sights for the day.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#26450 - 12/16/00 11:13 AM Re: sneaking parador breakfast food!
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
Oh, MadridMan, you THINK you stuffed a few bocadillos in your pocket... at least i KNOW i stuffed my purse with parador food! Actually, since you ASK, I am both cheap and love to live the high life. Hence I will stay at great places by getting good deals, splurge on what matters (a great meal), save on what doesn't. It hurts me to spend 1200 on a breakfast and not take FULL advantage of it, see.

#26451 - 01/03/01 10:25 AM Re: sneaking parador breakfast food!
nevado Offline

Well rgf, let me tell you what hurts me more than spending 1200 pts. on a breakfast...I was married at a Parador and I paid for 60 breakfasts that nobody ate! My uncle was the only one who could manage to crawl out of bed in time and he took a picture of the lovely display of food. Because he was the only one around, he didn't realize it was for him so he passed on through. If we would've stayed up a bit longer at the wedding we would've been able to enjoy it. Where were you with your ziplocks?

#26452 - 01/03/01 11:13 AM Re: sneaking parador breakfast food!
esq Offline

Loc: miami,fl
Nevado, please let all of us know when your next wedding will be!!!!! he he he!!!!!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
McTravel
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2462 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments