Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#26368 - 11/29/00 02:45 PM Parties on New Year Eve? (Madrid)
feebaroni Offline

Loc: irvine, california, usa
Help! What do people in Madrid do on New Years?

A friend and I are coming to Madrid for the first time around New Years. Do people go dancing? are there any cool trance clubs out there?

#26369 - 11/29/00 04:28 PM Re: Parties on New Year Eve? (Madrid)
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Welcome to the board...

I suggest you do what many do on New Year's in Madrid...stuff your body into the Puerta del Sol and enjoy the ambience. Bring a dozen grapes and as the "reloj de antaño" on the city hall strikes twelve, swallow the grapes like everyone else.

Sure there are plenty of clubs...do a search on this site for others' opinions on that. On the 31st, though, if you're in Madrid and not in the Puerta del Sol, shame on you...

#26370 - 11/29/00 08:52 PM Re: Parties on New Year Eve? (Madrid)
Nuria Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
Go to "El Palacio de Gaviria". Good disco (I used to know many people there and I got free entrance and drinks) But if you plan on going to discos or a club make sure you get your ticket on time or you might find yourself without a place to party.

#26371 - 12/21/00 12:22 AM Re: Parties on New Year Eve? (Madrid)
new yorker Offline

Loc: ny ny
does the Palacio del Gaviria have a website. i keep hearing about this place?

#26372 - 12/21/00 08:12 AM Re: Parties on New Year Eve? (Madrid)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Palacio Gaviria (<-See link) is a great place to dance in Madrid. Use the SEARCH link above/right, type in GAVIRIA as your keyword and you'll get a number of listings of mentions about this place. I was there last October and loved it. Check their website, not sure if they mention it, but I'm sure the place will be packed (and probably MUCH higher entrance/cover charge) on New Year's Eve. Have fun!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#26373 - 12/21/00 11:41 AM Re: Parties on New Year Eve? (Madrid)
Nuria Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
They are VERY expensive on New Years Eve and if you don't buy a ticket in advance (like 15 days) you won't get one that night.

#26374 - 12/21/00 12:25 PM Re: Parties on New Year Eve? (Madrid)
mclarke Offline

Loc: Arlington, VA
Nuria,

My daughter tried to reserve dinner/party on New Year's eve and she said it is quite expensive $60+ per person. Is the price typical for New Year's Eve dinner/party?

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments