MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#26363 - 12/05/02 03:58 PM Re: Favorite Food/Meal
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
I prefer the vinager boquerones over the fried ones, but the best way to enjoy them will be by watching them get crushed by Real Valladolid on April 13. Pucela should eat up the team from Malaga. The last match between them was scoreless, so I expect that the valient team in purple to be quite hungry. laugh

#26364 - 12/05/02 04:33 PM Re: Favorite Food/Meal
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
A favourite dish? Wow, what a difficult question! confused . So many come to mind!...., right now, I can't wait to taste the 'cocido madrileño' that my new English boyfriend has promised to make on Sunday! laugh . Besides, it's the best dish for this kind of weather! eek

I've personally never made a 'cocido' yet, but I sometimes prepare another very simple but tasty recipe with chickpeas, spinach, raisins and 'piñones'(sorry don't know the word for them).

#26365 - 12/05/02 05:44 PM Re: Favorite Food/Meal
Candela Offline

Loc: MADRID!!!!!
aren't they pine nuts? yes, garbanzos with anything! there is a reason they are also called los gabrielles!

#26366 - 12/06/02 05:04 AM Re: Favorite Food/Meal
Rogerman Offline

Loc: London
Has anybody tried "Lubina a la sal"? My absolute fav. (Other fish dishes I really enjoy include "Merluza a la vasca" and "Bacalao con tomate").

In second place, by a narrow margin "Arroz a banda" and "Arroz negro" (other variants I enjoy are "Arroz caldoso con setas y foie" and "Arroz con bogavante").

In third place, "coredero asado", preferably in Aranda de Duero itself and washed up with a good "Huerta Monasterio" Ribera. Side dishes for the meal: "Niscalos con picadillo" and "Setas de cardo con mollejas".

In fourth place, "Judias Pintas"... far better than "fabada" for me.

I think I need a snack.

#26367 - 12/06/02 09:47 PM Re: Favorite Food/Meal
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Miguelito,
Thanks for posting such an interesting article. I really enjoyed reading about the history of some of the dishes eaten through the years in Spain. I also went to some of the links provided there and found some other good sites. gracias... Esperanza

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1623 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments