Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#26329 - 11/22/00 08:45 AM Live Music (Madrid)
jtownley Offline

Loc: UK
We five Brits known as The LTW's spent last weekend in Madrid. Had a spectacular time on Friday in Palacio Gaviria, great music in a fine setting. On Saturday night we went looking for a live Blues Bar. La Coquettte was small and smoky and only has live bands Monday-Thursday. We then tried Vapor Blues Bar which is a little out of the centre and again no live bands on a Saturday. Feel sure there must be some but where are they. First time in Madrid but definitely back next year.

#26330 - 11/22/00 12:48 PM Re: Live Music (Madrid)
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Hi chaps! I posted a similar query a few weeks ago with the same title and got some helpful advice, although on the night we were there (Saturday too) there didn't appear to be any live blues either.
http://www.madridman.com/ubb/Forum5/HTML/000102.html

As it happened we ended up in a large Irish pub, (the name of which I managed to forget after a few pints of the black stuff!) in a streer off Plaza Santa Ana. You had to queue to get in past the doormen and downstairs there was a reasonable rock band playing. But I'll be interested to know of any venues for live blues for the next time we go.

By the way, what does The LTW's stand for ......or shouldn't I ask!!

#26331 - 11/22/00 01:12 PM Re: Live Music (Madrid)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi jtownley! I too had a GREAT time at Palacio Gaviria disco when I went last month (from 1am-4am!).

Before going to Madrid and wandering aimlessly looking for blues music or any other kind, one can also consult the (only in Spanish) Guía del Ocio (for nearly ALL Spain cities including Madrid) & Lanetro: Madrid (also only in Spanish) for entertainment ideas. As far as I've been able to (not) find, there are [understandably] no entertainment guides online in English. Sorry MonoLinguals!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#26332 - 11/22/00 04:37 PM Re: Live Music (Madrid)
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
An interesting link showing concerts in Madrid .

Regards,

Antonio

------------------
The best tips from your favourite hostal in Madrid.
Hostal Chelo at http://www.chelo.com

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
pablo80, pikkmees, ValLynn
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1456 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments