Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#26252 - 11/14/00 08:23 AM Re: El Churrasco (Córdoba)
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Nicholeye, thanks for the observations. You mention Penelope Casas books? Are they guide books in general?

#26253 - 11/14/00 08:57 AM Re: El Churrasco (Córdoba)
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Anchovy Front, If you are not sooooo full by by the time you leave El Churrasco and perhaps El Caballo Rojo - the restaurant I mentioned earlier in this post is Taberna Santa Clara (how wrong can one be - Maria??).
It's at c/Osio 2 - and the pollo a la miel is superb - as is the montilla especially when you get private tastings! Have a great trip and let us know all about it.

#26254 - 11/14/00 09:06 AM Re: El Churrasco (Córdoba)
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Hi Puna!
Taberna Santa Clara....something Maria.... not too far off target - they both end in "a"!!
I'll keep it in mind for our next visit, as this time we're just going up on the Talgo on Saturday morning from Malaga, a brisk run round a few tapas bars at lunch time, then dinner at El C, bars / clubs, sleep, tapas Sunday lunchtime, train back home on afternoon!
Then plan the next one.........

#26255 - 11/14/00 10:24 AM Re: El Churrasco (Córdoba)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
This thread about El Churrasco is driving me mad with hunger!!! BTW, seems we're about to hear from a "Special Guest" in this thread.. Okay, maybe not, but someone FROM El Churrasco JUST registered for MadridMan's Spain Message Board. Not sure if he/she speaks/writes English, but we'll see.... hopefully.

Their website is REALLY impressive too!!! I recommend the FLASH version. WOW! But all in Spanish.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#26256 - 11/14/00 10:28 AM Re: El Churrasco (Córdoba)
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

We're ahead of you on this one, MadridMan! See the post half way up from rjajaja. (Don't know how we'll pronounce that one after a few finos on Saturday!)

#26257 - 11/14/00 11:06 AM Re: El Churrasco (Córdoba)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
DOH! Wow, this thread is on fire!!! About 10 postings/replies since midnight last night!! My goodness. Ummm... hmmm.. Whoa. I should have noticed that above. Well, I'm VERY happy to see things/topics moving so quickly! Now I have to reserve time on the company teleport so I can join you for dinner on Saturday night! Yum. I can't wait. hehehe..

Saludo, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#26258 - 11/15/00 08:36 AM Re: El Churrasco (Córdoba)
Rjajaja Offline

Loc: Cordoba
The "Revuelto de Erizos" is Scrambled Eggs mixed with spawn of Sea Urchin. These spawn of Sea Urchin are so dificult to find and there are so expensives.

In a few days de English version of the web will be posted in.

#26259 - 11/15/00 08:52 AM Re: El Churrasco (Córdoba)
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

I thank you for that information, Sr Churrasco! That must be a heck of a job collecting the spawn from those sea urchins!!

I'm relieved that the sad face of a dead hedgehog will not now stare at me from my plate!! I look forward to Saturday.

¡Hasta pronto!

#26260 - 11/15/00 10:58 AM Re: El Churrasco (Córdoba)
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Great website, Rjajaja - I'm starving for Spanish food right now. How do you find, trap, catch, gather (however it is done) sea urchin spawn? Or for that matter hedgehogs?

Perhaps the hedgehog entrapment should be tackled by Anchovy Front and friends' imagination somewhere between tapas and finos and mas finos!

[This message has been edited by Puna (edited 11-15-2000).]

#26261 - 11/15/00 04:50 PM Re: El Churrasco (Córdoba)
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
You never know what you're going to find on the 'net. Actually the harvesting of urchin hatchlings is a centuries-old art practiced by Basque fishermen, but perfected by the Portuguese. As history dictates, king Jaime II of Portugal would do anything to have these at his dinner table, and actually commissioned a special group of mariners to harvest only urchins. They would use a special knife with a 2 centimeter blade in order to actually remove the offspring and leave the parent intact! Kind of a medieval sort of sea-section (couldn't resist that one). That way they could always count on a renewable supply of the urchins and their delicious "young". Yum!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 3018 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments