Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#26242 - 11/13/00 07:10 AM Re: El Churrasco (Córdoba)
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
Even if it is sea urchin, do they have eggs? I mean, of the type you can make a revuelto from?! Maybe it should be parsed like this
"(Revuelto de huevos) de erizo" not "Revuelto de (huevos de erizo)". Scrambled eggs with sea urchin. Or whatever!

#26243 - 11/13/00 08:09 AM Re: El Churrasco (Córdoba)
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
I too would have thought it would be scrambled eggs with either hedgehog or sea urchin! But the way its written on their menu suggests otherwise. If you have time have a look on http://www.elchurrasco.com/espanol/carta.htm and see what you think? By the way, a very boring draw against Espanyol at La Rosaleda (Malaga CF's stadium, MadridMan!) yesterday, Sr Boqueron.

#26244 - 11/13/00 06:25 PM Re: El Churrasco (Córdoba)
nicholas Offline

Loc: san diego, ca. u.s.a. (granada...
hey there anchovy front:
i apologize for being a little late in joining this conversation. i've been away from my computer for a few days. i had lunch at el churrasco back in january of '99. i actually cannot testify to the quality of the entrees as i only had salmorejo and a bit of jamon. the salmorejo was spectacular. wonderfully thick and served with wafer-thin, fried aubergines.
when i was there i noticed quite a few people having the churrasco. (grilled pork) they mention this one on their web site i believe. if i remember, its listed as being served with salsas arabes. from what i recall, one looked very similar to chimichurri and the other was reddish toned. mind you i find it funny that grilled pork is served with arab sauces, in a 14th century jewish house. hahahaha...that's the cultural historian in me having an ironic laugh. i must say that its a beautiful restaurant, decorated with a very distinctive mudejar look.
i actually opted to eat at el caballo rojo.(the other famous cordoban restaurant) i figured that as long as i was in the city that was the heart of al-andalus, i might as well splurge and eat at the restaurant that has tried to revive moorish and sephardic recipes. i was quite pleased. worth every peseta i must say. i had the rape mozarabe and ajo blanco. (both of these i had heard about via penelope casas' books)its near the mezquita...seek it out if you have a chance.

#26245 - 11/13/00 06:40 PM Re: El Churrasco (Córdoba)
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
How funny. I hadn't thought of that; it is really ironic. I hope the previous residents aren't turning over in their graves at the thought.

[This message has been edited by Nicole (edited 11-13-2000).]

#26246 - 11/13/00 06:56 PM Re: El Churrasco (Córdoba)
nicholas Offline

Beautiful poetic irony isn't nicole?

#26247 - 11/14/00 02:45 AM Re: El Churrasco (Córdoba)
Rjajaja Offline

Loc: Cordoba
Hi, I am de webmaster and director of the restaurant El Churrasco. I see that you are speaking about my restaurant, if you have any question I can asnwer you.

The English version of the web will be in few days i hope so.

#26248 - 11/14/00 03:31 AM Re: El Churrasco (Córdoba)
nicholas Offline

welcome rjajaja! great honor to have you here. i want to commend you on your restaurant. el churrasco is a wonderful establishment. i hope to make a return when in cordoba next year.

#26249 - 11/14/00 05:19 AM Re: El Churrasco (Córdoba)
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
Hi Anchovy, re. Malaga fc. I follow their "fortunes" in El Sur Diario (on line), and they seem to be having a run of intensly tedious games. Lack of imagination, no penetration, that kind of thing. They report that this season the average gate has halved compared to last season, and cite the boredom of the fans faced with games like that against Espanyol on Sunday! Looks like they're going full out for that coveted mid-table position!

#26250 - 11/14/00 06:46 AM Re: El Churrasco (Córdoba)
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Hello rjajaja!

I'm the one who started this off and I'm looking forward to coming along on Saturday night to enjoy your restaurant. We've got a table booked in the name of John Wall for eleven people (I hope!!). Can you answer the question about the "erizo " (hedgehog / sea urchin), above, which is making a few of my friends raise their eyebrows!

Hopefully, these messages will cause hundreds of people to fill your restaurant for years to come, so I'm sure you'll find us the best table on Saturday and lock us in the Bodega for a few hours "tasting" all your finest wines!! Haha! Only joking.......sort of!!

#26251 - 11/14/00 07:05 AM Re: El Churrasco (Córdoba)
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Hi Boqueron!
From one anchovy to another, I can tell you you are absolutely right about Malaga's soccer matches this year. Boring with a capital "B". New coach required - want a job? But we go to every game thinking it will change and cheer and then moan and then go home disillusioned.Haha! Isn't that what being a fan is about? (Hopefully MadridMan will miss these posts or he'll tell us off about using this section to talk football..sorry soccer - I keep forgetting most on this board are Americans!!)

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2832 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments