Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#26232 - 11/10/00 09:15 AM El Churrasco (Córdoba)
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
I live in Malaga and I'm going up to Cordoba next weekend with 10 friends to have a night out, the highlight of which should be a meal at Restaurante El Churrasco. I tried a search here but it doesn't seem to have been mentioned before. The place looks great from their own web site, but can anyone give me a first hand account?

#26233 - 11/10/00 10:44 AM Re: El Churrasco (Córdoba)
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Can't give an answer to your question as to the restaurant- but please let us know how it is after your weekend! And any other great things you discover in Cordoba ...

#26234 - 11/10/00 10:56 AM Re: El Churrasco (Córdoba)
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Sure, will do! I've been a couple of times to the lovely city, though not for a couple of years now. Last time was New Years Eve two years back and the strangest, quietest night I've had! But we've always done it on the cheap (and I think the best way) by doing tapa crawls! This time its the real thing! Bank balance is going to suffer, but what the heck!

#26235 - 11/10/00 11:01 AM Re: El Churrasco (Córdoba)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi Anchovy Front! Just sent you a brief email explaining my delay (I'm leaving, to the airport, for the weekend in about 20 minutes). So sorry. Say, what's the website link to Restaurante El Churrasco??

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#26236 - 11/10/00 11:19 AM Re: El Churrasco (Córdoba)
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

It's a pleasure..here goes http://www.elchurrasco.com/index2.htm

Can't see an English link, but if you speak Basque or Catalan or German.......

#26237 - 11/10/00 01:20 PM Re: El Churrasco (Córdoba)
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Anchovey Front - a couple of years ago in Cordoba I had one of the best meals of my life. Will have to look for the name of the restaurant but "something Maria's" I believe - in the old part of town (not surprising); hard to find - a small street maybe a block or two long - in basically the owner's home. Courtyard plus indoor dining - lots of charm and ambiance plus FANTASTIC food. She (owner/hostess - her husband is the chef) took us into the wine cellar to sample the fino from different barrels - I'll look for the name of the place and post it. If you are in Cordoba for a few days, give it a try. Wish I were there ....

Just pulled up the website - I'm hungry!!! From the looks of it - very elegant - that dent in your wallet might be considerable!
[This message has been edited by Puna (edited 11-10-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Puna (edited 11-10-2000).]

#26238 - 11/10/00 07:42 PM Re: El Churrasco (Córdoba)
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
What a wonderful coincidence!!!I was planning my Southern Spain holiday today and came across El Churrasco. Thanks for the website info-I'm definitely going to splurge on this one...
Leave it to Madridman's site to ease the travel planning anxiety!

#26239 - 11/10/00 09:09 PM Re: El Churrasco (Córdoba)
Natalie Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
I ate at El Churrasco last month. It was good, but not great. We sat on the covered patio, and it was really beautiful and relaxing, and since we got there early we got to eat a little of our meal before the place filled with people (and smoke!)

However, I was there for lunch and we had the menu, so maybe that's why I didn't love it. The gazpacho was delicious, and the service was excellent, however. They even start you off with a glass of fino. We heard they were known for their meats, and the menu was pork loin but it just turned out to be medallions of pork loin that were pan fried. No seasoning even, it seemed. We were disappointed that it wasn't grilled or roasted. It was served with 2 sauces on the side, and I thought both of them were just okay. One was supposed to be spicy, and it was hardly flavorful. I must say though, that the Pomme Frites that came with the pork were some of the best I've ever had.

Again, although it was nice it turned out to be one of our most expensive meal in Spain! (7500 pts for 2) It just didn't measure up to other meals that were much more delicious and much less expensive.

The people around us seemed to be enjoying their meals.And it is a lovely patio and it definitely feels like a fine-dining experience. But I were to be back in Cordoba, I wouldn't eat there again. I hope this helps a little.

[This message has been edited by Natalie (edited 11-10-2000).]

#26240 - 11/11/00 12:52 PM Re: El Churrasco (Córdoba)
mary Offline

Loc: California USA
I had dinner at El Churrasco this past May, and it was one of the best meals I had in Spain. The service was excellent as well as the food. It's located in the old Jewish quarter and very popular, so be sure to make reservations. I did not feel it was over priced for what we got.

[This message has been edited by mary (edited 11-12-2000).]

#26241 - 11/13/00 06:43 AM Re: El Churrasco (Córdoba)
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Thanks for the replies! Puna, "something Maria's" certainly sounds like one for the future. I'll see if I can find it this trip going on what you've told me. As for El Churrasco, we'll enjoy it come what may. I'm sure there will be some in my party who find it much better than others will. "You can please some of the people some of the time.....!" That's a good tip Natalie, when you say about the pork loin. On the a la carte menu it sounds like it's their speciality and it appealed to me but it does sound a bit bland from what you say. One thing I found while having a peek at the menu on their web site, was a starter called Revuelto de Huevas de Erizos, which made me look twice, as at first glance I thought it translated as scrambled hedgehog eggs!! A quick word with my Spanish colleagues and they tell me the "erizo" here is probably not hedgehog, but sea urchin. Hmm, I think the gazpacho is a good bet!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2710 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments