Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#26206 - 10/29/00 11:22 PM Nice lesbian clubs in madrid!
Liya Offline

Loc: Puerto Rico
Im traveling with two of my closest friends to Madrid in december and weve heard alot about the gay atmosphere in Madrid but mostly for men. Does anyone know of any NICE lesbian bars for women between 20-25? Let me know!!

#26207 - 10/30/00 11:55 AM Re: Nice lesbian clubs in madrid!
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
I went to Madrid a couple of times with a gay male friend of mine. He didn't want to go out alone, so I went with him to the some of the gay clubs. I don't remember what part of town that was, but it was all male/gay. Somehow I doubt that there is much of a lesbian scene (although there must be SOMETHING), for a lot of reasons I won't go into.

I did notice at Barnes and Noble a few months ago that there were a couple of guidebooks written expressly for lesbian/gay travelers in Europe. I do not know if there are any specifically about Madrid, but who knows? If you don't live in the U.S., go to www.barnesandnoble.com (I think) or borders.com, or even amazon.com and do a search. I am sure you would come up with somehting useful.

#26208 - 10/30/00 12:23 PM Re: Nice lesbian clubs in madrid!
missmadrid98 Offline

Loc: Madrid
here is softguide madrid's gay/lesbian section. they give you enough details i think to help you make your choice, good luck!! http://www.softdoc.es/madrid_guide/entertainment/ambient.html

------------------
Spain Page!! Check it out! http://www.geocities.com/missmadrid98

#26209 - 10/30/00 04:32 PM Re: Nice lesbian clubs in madrid!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
My impression is that there are either fewer lesbians in Madrid/Spain or simply that lesbianism is kept more secret than homosexuality in men. So, maybe for this reason, there are fewer places, if any, for ONLY lesbians.

Anyway, the British website, TimeOut: Madrid has a remarkable & bustling Gay & Lesbian section.

They write:
Quote:
The primary concerns of Madrid's thriving gay community are the same as those of all Madrileños: eating, drinking and making merry into the night...

And also....
Quote:
While Madrid's gay and lesbian scenes have each grown a lot in recent years, the lesbian ambiente continues to be less showy than its male counterpart. As with the male scene it is less exclusive than its equivalents in many other cities, and many of its venues cater not only to a lesbian clientele but to gay men and straight people as well. Some of the most popular terrazas on Plaza de Chueca are run by lesbian clubs.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#26210 - 10/30/00 05:43 PM Re: Nice lesbian clubs in madrid!
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Here you have a few links:

Guía del Ocio, which has always been the best city guide, has a good searcher . Just select the gay radiobutton.

Other good sources should be chueca.com or portalgay.com .

------------------
The best tips from your favourite hostal in Madrid.
Hostal Chelo at http://www.chelo.com

#26211 - 10/31/00 08:08 PM Re: Nice lesbian clubs in madrid!
nicholas Offline

Loc: san diego, ca. u.s.a. (granada...
in terms of publications have a look at both lonely planet and timeout. they have good resources.

#26212 - 11/01/00 09:20 PM Re: Nice lesbian clubs in madrid!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi again! I just found " Gay Spain: Feel The Passion ". In the Madrid section they have a list of gay bars. Towards the bottom of this list includes MANY lesbian bars. Good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
1 registered (ChrisS), 1622 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments