Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#26185 - 10/25/00 05:30 PM Is the Bernabau (in Madrid) interesting in Summer?
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Hi to everyone.

I was wondering what happens at the Bernabau Stadium during the months of July and August?

Along with my husband and 3 children, we are hoping to be in Madrid next summer and then make our way to Burgos and up to Cantabria.

As 3 members of the family are football mad, and would love to see the stadium whether there is any football on or not, I would like to know of the possibilities of either looking around it, or attending some other activity inside it.

Also what is it like to get to?

Any information at all would be gratefully received.

Thanks.

Jo-Anne

------------------
Madly in love with Madrid

#26186 - 10/26/00 09:37 AM Re: Is the Bernabau (in Madrid) interesting in Summer?
francisco Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi Jo-Anne,

In July it's the "presentación" of Real Madrid, showing the new players to fans, and doing a training with a little match.

The Bernabéu's Trophy is at the very end of August (or at the begining of September).

Other than this, I don't know if you can get inside the stadium. But I suppose that you can see the Trophys Room with all the Europe Cups...

The stadium is quite centered (a little bit to the north) in the city of Madrid. There is even a Metro station called Santiago Bernabéu to get there (formerly it was called Lima station) in line 10.

You can get more information at the official Real Madrid web site: www.realmadrid.es

Hala Madrid!!!

#26187 - 10/26/00 01:39 PM Re: Is the Bernabau (in Madrid) interesting in Summer?
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Thanks Francisco

Now I've got the Web site you gave me for Real Madrid, I can keep an eye on what's happening and take it from there.

No doubt we'll go and take a look even if it's just from the outside, or to see the trophies as you say.

Thanks a lot.

Jo-Anne

------------------
Madly in love with Madrid

#26188 - 10/26/00 01:49 PM Re: Is the Bernabau (in Madrid) interesting in Summer?
kk49827 Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
The stadium is somewhat impressive, and much of the area around is too. There's some good shopping areas near the stadium. I've heard there is a museum dedicated to the Real Madrid team as well. I'm sure your family woudl find that interesting as well.

#26189 - 11/13/00 09:37 PM Re: Is the Bernabau (in Madrid) interesting in Summer?
alejandro Offline

Loc: Texas
I visited the Bernabeu this past August. As a huge futbol fan, I enjoyed getting to see the stadium. My friend and I did not go inside the stadium, but we had a blast in the team store. Talk about kids in a candy store! One of the best parts of it is exiting the tunnel and seeing the stadium right across the way. It is almost as exciting as coming out of the tunnel at Plaza Los Toros. Back to stadiums. If you make it to Barcelona definitely go to Camp Nou. Barca has a great soccer museum. In fact, the collection is growing because they purchased some of the Wembley Stadium memorabilia.

#26190 - 11/13/00 10:17 PM Re: Is the Bernabau (in Madrid) interesting in Summer?
ilovemadrid Offline

Loc: Hawaii
I visited Bernabeu last spring, a friend and I were walking around and found a place where you could buy tickets to go inside and see the trophy room and museum thingy, so we went in. It was really cool, they had videos going and all kinds of history on the walls along with the football and basketball trophies. What I liked the most was the little section dedicated to RAUL with a cardboard cutout that you can take pictures with. You can also go into the stands of the actual stadium and take pictures of the seats with the huge white REAL MADRID painted on them. (you might have seen pictures of that on postcards and stuff)

[This message has been edited by ilovemadrid (edited 11-13-2000).]

#26191 - 11/14/00 05:21 AM Re: Is the Bernabau (in Madrid) interesting in Summer?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Hey, Jo-Anne:
When you get to Cantabria, be sure to visit the stadium in Santander (Sardinero). It's just north of Universidad Internacional de Menendez Pelayo at the end of the City bus line that goes to Sardinero. Nice Place!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments