Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#26177 - 10/22/00 11:53 AM football, soccer, fútbol
bkm Offline

Loc: Portland, Oregon
I was wondering if anyone knows of a fútbol team here in Madrid that needs players. I just moved out here and would like to play with a competitive team in the city, preferably Spaniards (learn the language deal) Thanks for any help.

#26178 - 10/22/00 11:42 PM Re: football, soccer, fútbol
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Unless you're a world-class caliber player, it would be nearly impossible to play for one of the big teams in Madrid or other cities. Start small by trying out for one of the semi-pro teams first. While watching TV in Madrid last week, I watched a little of an indoor soccer game (similar to the small-scale Arena Football we have here in the USA) with a hard floor and played in a large gymnasium. I am sure these players aren't paid much (if anything) and this is something they do apart from their dayjobs. But hey, it was on TV so who knows. Good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#26179 - 10/23/00 01:57 AM Re: football, soccer, fútbol
megia Offline

Loc: Sedona, Arizona
check out the 2nd and 3rd division teams. they often hold open tryouts and post the announcements in madrid papers (and probably somewhere online, too).

i tried out for the leganes club 3rd division and made it to final cuts. a bummer i could not continue to play with that club. with all due respect, don't be put off by warnings about how much better spaniards are at futbol than we americans! if you are in shape and can handle a ball then you have a shot! MM suggests futbol de sala (indoors, hard floor, smaller harder ball), it is a good idea.

if you go for the 1st (ee-gad!) or the 2nd division you may need an agent to get you the tryout.

good luck!!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
1 registered (ChrisS), 1622 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments