Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#26032 - 10/08/00 09:41 PM about MM's Madrid 00: de noche
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
MM, your stories of your night on the town are amazing. Just think of all us gringos, dining while the sun is still up... a late dinner is 9... and a late night out is 1 or 2. And there you are in restaurants that serve til 3 am, discos that START then... crawling home at dawn like a tipico gato madrilen~o. How fantastic!! Makes ya feel young, eh? (or old, when you need a 4 hr siesta!). I like Bellas Artes a lot, too, tho their drinks arent the best. Well, continue to send your journals. We all are vicariously partying with you!

#26033 - 10/09/00 06:46 AM Re: about MM's Madrid 00: de noche
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I´m STILL recovering from that night! That 19th century Palacio Gaviria was incredible!!! Just beautiful. People were just having fun fun FUN! They weren´t serious, or even looking to ligar (pick someone up), just enjoy themselves -- and they were!! You walk in, pay, and then go up a marble semi-spiral staircase to the 2nd level on which is the entire floor is discotec, many rooms, antique armchairs and fixtures, everything. I´m so so surprised they would allow this kind of use/abuse, but it is making a LOT of money!

Still Recovering and at EasyEverything, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#26034 - 10/10/00 01:12 AM Re: about MM's Madrid 00: de noche
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Madrid Man, I am so happy to hear that the Palacio Gaviria is still alive and well. Mi Cuñado took us there last year, and I was hoping for this Christmas it would be alive and kicking. I have to agree, the Palacio is definitely an experience, and well worth it! Not pretentious at all and very, very fun!
Looking forward to your daily posting, laduque.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments