Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#25989 - 09/30/00 06:40 AM All night entertainment
Sarah Offline

Loc: Scotland
Yes, I know there are plenty of places that don't shut till the the sun's up, but the question is slightly different. We've got a very early morning flight out of Madrid on a Tuesday, and will be returning to Madrid midday on the Monday to drop off the hire car. Now as we have to be at Barajas at 5am, it seems daft to get a hostal for just a couple of hours sleep. But we're not sure we can go the distance, you know, staying up 24 hours EVEN in Madrid, as when we get back to Edinburgh we'll have a long drive ahead of us (and I've got a business meeting, god help me) and at best won't get home until evening. Also there's the issue of luggage storage, and we might want to have a siesta and a wash in the afternoon too.

So, veterans, any ideas? We want to make the most of our last day but need to stay sane as well. We like bars of course - discos aren't usually our scene but they might be in Spain. This is October, btw.

Thanks for any bright ideas!

[This message has been edited by Sarah (edited 10-02-2000).]

#25990 - 09/30/00 10:35 AM Re: All night entertainment
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
Sounds like you need a friend's house for a nap and shower in the afternoon, and then you need to go out for a late dinner, to a club, and then off to the airport so you can collapse on the plane and sleep! Why not come back to Madrid a day earlier?

#25991 - 10/02/00 11:45 AM Re: All night entertainment
Sarah Offline

Loc: Scotland
rgf, you're right, but as yet I don't have any friends in Madrid - though this will surely change!

No chance that we'll come back to Madrid earlier though; we have far too little time in Spain as it is and want to spend at least 3 days in the Sierra del Gredos and Salamanca before one last blast in Madrid.

I'm starting to think we'll have to go for a hostal if only for the siesta...

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments