Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#25936 - 09/21/00 10:09 PM Re: Places to think twice about in Madrid - Los Gabrieles
Matt from Toronto Offline

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I've also been to Los Gabrieles. It's great looking -- it feels like Madrid. I also knew that it was expensive, since a couple of guide books warned about their somewhat extravagant pricing. What the heck, once in a while you pay a bit more but at least you remember the place. Needless to say, I only go there once in a while.
The Naturbier is good, so is the Cerveceria Santa Ana in the Plaza Santa Ana. Many a great afternoon there sipping canas or dobles. And yes, I agree, the Museo del Jamon is one of the best (and cheapest) lunches in Madrid.

#25937 - 04/04/05 09:40 AM Re: Places to think twice about in Madrid - Los Gabrieles
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Scotland
I was in Madrid recently and, despite going back a few times, the bar Los Gabrieles, appeared to be closed (sadly). They might have priced themselves out of the market.
I agree that it was expensive, but I did like going there for the occasional beer. Any takers out there for forming a consortium to buy it over and open it as a tapas bar at reasonable prices? eek
Robbieroy

#25938 - 04/04/05 02:21 PM Re: Places to think twice about in Madrid - Los Gabrieles
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
While it sounds certainly expensive, think that some places avoid charging you an entrance fee by rising the prices of drinks and/or food.

I've just been in Paris and after being charged 6 € (1,000 pesetas) for a coke or 25 € for a small whisky with coke, Madrid still seems a heaven laugh

Fernando

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1683 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments