Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 10 11 >
Topic Options
#25540 - 08/09/00 11:43 AM Re: I LOVE Spanish Food!!
brianh Offline

Patatas Bravas, Patatas Bravas..keep them coming!!

#25541 - 08/09/00 03:29 PM Re: I LOVE Spanish Food!!
Rubia66 Offline

Loc: Webb City, Missouri USA
I have heard that there is a bar in Austin Texas that is called Malagas. They serve authentic tapas, and I have gotten rave reviews from people that grew up in Spain....

#25542 - 09/04/00 03:58 PM Re: I LOVE Spanish Food!!
Allen Offline

Loc: Reston Va
I am glad that this forum is here. I lived in Spain for 2 years from 90-92 and am taking my wife there for her 30th. I still remember the tiny bocadilla bar off of Plaza Major which has morcilla bocadillas and sidra in big old liter cups. Is it still there?

#25543 - 09/08/00 11:43 AM Re: I LOVE Spanish Food!!
mamacita Offline

Loc: Michigan, USA
I'm almost embarrassed to say that I just miss a simple tortilla bocadillo. G*d, that was so good!

Tapas are the best! Just try to go to a smaller mom and pop kinda place. The service is excellent and the food is incredible. Plus, the prices are much better. When I went to Barcelona we ate at Tapa Tapas and it was super expensive, not to mention not as good as the smaller places.

Bacalao rocks! I miss all the good bread and having "exotic" stuff like caracoles, anguilas, etc. etc. It was awesome, but i tell you - I don't miss any of that damn pate. Blech!

#25544 - 09/19/00 01:49 PM Re: I LOVE Spanish Food!!
NJmaria Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
MM, your posting on the roasted suckling pig at Casa Duque made us want to go to Segovia for a day trip! So, just in case we find time, we would like to know where could we find Casa Duque or which street is it on?

Thanks,
....NJmaria

[This message has been edited by NJmaria (edited 09-19-2000).]

#25545 - 09/20/00 10:43 PM Re: I LOVE Spanish Food!!
Matt from Toronto Offline

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don't forget the cafe con leche .... the coffee you get in Spain is unbelievable. I'm convinced it's the milk ... shelf milk which we don't get here in Canada. It's a taste all its own. Anyone I know who's been in Spain comments on the great coffee.

#25546 - 09/26/00 01:19 AM Re: I LOVE Spanish Food!!
derek Offline

Loc: London. UK
And I found it easy to say as well. Not like asking for a beer which seems to be one of those words involving half dozen lisping sounds...........
Derek

#25547 - 09/26/00 04:55 PM Re: I LOVE Spanish Food!!
NJmaria Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
MADRIDMAN OR ANYBODY,

Hi!I'm still waiting and hoping to get Casa Duque's address in Segovia. I posted my inquiry previously but no one seemed to "hear" me

Thanks in advance. 8)

#25548 - 09/26/00 07:12 PM Re: I LOVE Spanish Food!!
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
NJMaria,

[Sorry but I didn't notice your question]

I always recommend that you use official sites when searching for information on the internet. At this official site you have the information you were looking for.

I didn't expect you to find the address at this site but it's very easy to find the information. Try my favourite search engine Google . Just type there "casa duque segovia" and then select "Spanish". The first link Google provides has a list of restaurants (together with other things) including Casa Duque's one.

[Note that you will find different telephone numbers at the official tourist site and at the Google link. I don't know if both are right]

----

Uhm, it seems that people don't know where to go when doing some research for their trips . This gives me an idea. I think I could add a new section to my website where I would "teach" how to find tourist information. I'll let you know if I have enough time to do it.

Regards,

Antonio

------------------
The best tips from your favourite hostal in Madrid.
Hostal Chelo at http://www.chelo.com

[This message has been edited by Antonio (edited 09-26-2000).]

#25549 - 09/27/00 06:51 AM Re: I LOVE Spanish Food!!
Angela Offline

Matt from Toronto,
Are you sure you can't get shelf milk there?
I was visiting my friends in Vancouver a few months ago, and they had some. I'm not 100% sure, but I think the name was Dairyland UHT 2%. I don't know if they sell it in your area, or it's only for B.C. but my point is they do have it in Canada.

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 10 11 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 3017 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments