Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#25467 - 12/16/08 10:13 PM I'm just back from Madrid......
Kipper Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
and it was just amazing...I had the best trip...we went to my friends country house in a small pueblo, Domingo Garcia near Segovia, then we went to Toledo last Tuesday, in all the rain, what a mess, but it was great...flew to Barcelona on Friday for the weekend...loved it...an amazing city...we were all over the city, since it was just the weekend we moved fast and furious...from the sea to the highest hills...La Ramblas, great food...loved the old city area...had a great lunch at Montjuic, with a great view of the city...and even saw my niece's show, Sesame Street at the Hagan Daz theatre...and of course love my time in Madrid...well that's all for now...I missed it already... wave

#83449 - 12/23/08 09:04 AM Re: I'm just back from Madrid...... [Re: Kipper]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
How long were you in Spain, Kipper? How did you like the food & drink? And did you have good weather or were you here during "the rains" of autumn?

Hope you make it back to Spain someday soon.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#83454 - 12/25/08 02:36 AM Re: I'm just back from Madrid...... [Re: MadridMan]
Kipper Offline

Hi...Merry Christmas...
I was there from the 5th thru the 15th...I love the food, and drink too....and yes, I was there with all the rain...and in Toledo during a monsoon...it poured the whole day we were there. I come over about once a year to visit friends...I love Madrid, my favorite place in the world. Also, we went to the roof top Bar in Plaza Santa Ana for a view of the city, as someone mentioned, great view...I love all the lights too, I just wish they were on later in the night. After all, Madrid is just getting started when the lights go off. And I loved Barcelona too, we went on this trip for a weekend, what a fun place....

#83461 - 12/25/08 05:33 AM Re: I'm just back from Madrid...... [Re: Kipper]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

GREAT!!! I'd LOVE to check out that view someday. Say, tell me/us, do you recall how easy it was to go up to the rooftop bar in the Hotel Reina Victoria? And what was the cover-charge?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#83463 - 12/26/08 01:47 AM Re: I'm just back from Madrid...... [Re: MadridMan]
Kipper Offline

Actually, the bar area was closed and had that plastic cover up to protect from the weather. Employees were there, but did not say a word and we were able to check out the view and take photos. No problem!!! We took the elevator up, easy....I really enjoyed this area and we ate at a place called Lateral...it was yummy too.

#83465 - 12/26/08 04:03 AM Re: I'm just back from Madrid...... [Re: Kipper]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Wait, you mean to tell me that although the bar was closed you had free access by elevator to the rooftop?? Were you guests at the hotel, maybe?? If not, I'm surprised to learn anyone-off-the-street can go up their elevator to the rooftop.

Saludos, MadridMan

#83468 - 12/26/08 12:24 PM Re: I'm just back from Madrid...... [Re: MadridMan]
Kipper Offline

Hi! Free access, not a guest at the hotel and it was great. We went through the bar like we knew what we were doing, checked it out and went back down and went through the bar on the first floor, very cool I might add, and went back onto the street. Lovely lobby area too...as my friend would say it's "Serendipity" when your in Madrid, things just open up for you....and they do....it;s kinda cool that way.....
Happy New Year!!!!!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments