Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#25457 - 11/28/08 11:37 AM Benidorms new rules
billy the man Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Bolton England
newrules are to be introduced in the seaside town of Benidorm to stop the troublesome brits from giving the town a bad name

List of misdemeanours and the fines they carry:

• Entering beach between midnight and 7am – FINE: 750 euros

• Placing parasols and towels to reserve space – FINE: 150 euros

• Playing ball games outside designated areas – FINE: 120 euros

• Swimming when the red flag is flying – FINE: 1,000 euros

• Urinating in the sea – FINE: 150 euros

• Building sandcastles – FINE: 150 euros

• Fishing with a rod or net – FINE: 750 euros

• Fishing with a harpoon – FINE: 1,100 euros

• Drinking alcohol on the beach – FINE: 750 euros

• Sex on the beach – FINE: 750 euros

i can see the point in some of the rules but make your own mind up
read article below
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew...h-tourists.html

#25458 - 11/29/08 05:34 AM Re: Benidorms new rules
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
That's pretty funny. From that article you mentioned, one guy said:

Quote:
A local British pub manager branded the measures draconian.

”It's a bit extreme,” said Evelyn Kelly, manager of BB's Bar in Benidorm. “People do these things when they are on holiday and as long as they don't bother anyone else should be allowed to.”

”No sandcastles? And trying to stop people from peeing in the sea – how are they going to police that one?”
You'd almost think that Benidorm would ENCOURAGE all those things so as not to lose tourist Euro in the coming years. Imagine if they actually enforced (most of) these silly rules, people'd hear it was a police state and they'd move down the beach to Alicante where they can drink beer on the beach, pea in the see, and build sand castles without being fined. rolleyes

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#25459 - 11/29/08 04:26 PM Re: Benidorms new rules
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
OHHHHH I visited Benidorm for the first time las year ( My flatmate mispent his youth there but comes from a beautiful nearby village ) ... Benidorm is horrendous ..Absolutely horrible . In Britain we have a TV series called " Benidorm" .. in it's second term now I think ... It's hilariously funny and very , very close to the truth !! A word of advice .. avoid Benidorm and go to nearby towns such as Altea .
Steve

#25460 - 11/30/08 10:14 AM Re: Benidorms new rules
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
MadridMan writes:
Quote:
You'd almost think that Benidorm would ENCOURAGE all those things so as not to lose tourist Euro in the coming years. Imagine if they actually enforced (most of) these silly rules, people'd hear it was a police state and they'd move down the beach to Alicante where they can drink beer on the beach, pea in the see, and build sand castles without being fined.
There are already too many tourists pounding down the brews and peeing in the sea at San Juan playa and Playa Muchavista (Campello). On both beaches there are concession stands where you can buy vino or beer; and I didn't see any 'port a pottys' nearby. rolleyes

As for Benidorm's new rules: they should have included age or weight limits for ladies who want to go 'topless' on the beach. I find myself fighting an urge to approach and say: "Cover yourself up, lady!" Topless is OK but not for 70-something British or German Matrons, 20 kilos overweight. eek

Don't get me wrong! I have nothing against well endowed ladies going 'topless' on the beach. In fact, I enjoy viewing them; but with my over age over weight body, I don't wear a thong. If I go out on the beach, it's swim trunks for me. Did you know that Speedo makes/sells a line of swim trunks? cool

#25461 - 11/30/08 06:20 PM Re: Benidorms new rules
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Ohhhh cuidado Eddie ... I'm sure they'll be a lot of people saying MEN that are overweight should also keep their clothes on .
I find it very refreshing that in Europe one can be semi naked or completely naked no matter what your age or size ! Going naked on a beach , which i've done often , is not a blatantly sexual act .. It's an act of liberalism . Sure there can be sexual overtones but the point of naturism is that it is for everybody !
The only problem I have is when guys are shirtless in a restaurant .. that doesn't please me .
We , in Madrid , of course don't have to worry about such things normally though we have several very well used nudist swimming pools during summer .
Steve

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
pablo80, pikkmees, ValLynn
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1556 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments