Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#25448 - 11/11/08 05:21 PM Madrid: Monasterio Del Corpus Christi?
Rodolfo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Stockton,Ca.
Does anyone know where this is? I hear the dulces here are fantastic. All I know is that it's close to Plaza Mayor.

Thanks

#25449 - 11/11/08 06:35 PM Re: Madrid: Monasterio Del Corpus Christi?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
GREAT question! I've been living here almost 3 years and visiting for the previous 10 years and never seen it for myself. I've even seen Rick Steves and numerous other travel experts talk about it but there it remains a constant mystery to me.

If you go to Google Maps at http://www.Google.com/maps and write the following in the search bar (exactly), you'll find it (not mapped on "Street View", however):

Monasterio Del Corpus Christi, Madrid, Spain

And now that I see it on the map I know exactly where it is. I've walked past it dozens of times too, but didn't realize THIS was the place where you buy sweets and biscuits via the "mystery wheel".

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#25450 - 11/11/08 07:10 PM Re: Madrid: Monasterio Del Corpus Christi?
Rodolfo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Stockton,Ca.
Thank You for finding it!!

Right On! It's on my "things to do list".

#25451 - 11/11/08 11:20 PM Re: Madrid: Monasterio Del Corpus Christi?
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

I went there for the first time this summer (yes, following the Rick Steves book) and my friends and I enjoyed the experience of buying the sweets and the sweets themselves. It is very close to the San Miguel Market which was under construction at the time. Just FYI, the nuns were sold out of a few items when we arrived.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1490 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments